Has anyone been checked for a hiatle hernia? Look up the symptoms. It sounds familiar to some of your pains....I also suffer from this.

Has anyone figured out what this is? Pain is right between my shoulder blades, high up, and then spreads. It lasts anywhere from 1 minutes to an hour or so. I hate it. It's never too painful, but more colic-like in nature and annoying! Sometimes I get up and pace. If I think back, I think I had it as a kid, too. 

Burning, boring, steady, colic-like feeling that happens in episodes and it doesn't matter if I'm lying down, sitting in a chair, standing up, etc. and it won't go away with movement, although heat seems to help. 

I do have poor posture, but wouldn't the burning sensation go away when I lie down or something? 

I have acid reflux and never had this burning sensation between my shoulder blades until I started sleeping on right side or on my back. Pain comes and goes sometimes feels like a dime size burning in spine area in the T9 area or very close to this area. Slept on my left side for the last 15 yrs with minimal acid reflux heartburn. Going back to left side only and will see if this burning goes away. I do have some pain down left side of back and also some down right side as well.. Dr tries to tell me it is arthritis, but after reading these posts I think it could all be acid reflux issues. Occasionally, I get a very sore ear the next morning when I wake up as well. This happens once every 2 or 3 months. .

You are exactly right. It is an indication of Candida overgrowth! If I drink anything with sugar, or eat, or have coffee, the spot in my shoulder burns/itches/is numb, it seems to be getting worse, I am also pregnant and it began with my pregnancy (poor immune system) I am hoping after the pregnancy it subsides and my body is able to regulate itself. But I have noticed all the problems I get come from caffeine or sugar (especially the fake, processed, high fructose corn syrup sugar.) I use Arnicare (Arnica) on the spot topically, I also use a blended compress of garlic and turmeric and this makes it tingle so much more and provides relief.

sounds like thyroid issues

I have experienced the exact same thing. It became progressively worse. I began breaking into debilitating, generalized hydriosis, leading to chills. Ultimately, seems I had a 95% heart blockage in circumflex, so the whole lower part of the heart wasn't getting enough blood. Since getting the stent, the symptoms have greatly reduced.

Reading your post reminded me of myself completely. What did the dr suggest for you other than the anti acid? Has it helped?

Hi, I know this post is over a year old, but I was wondering if you ever learned what was causing the burning sensation between your shoulder blades? I have the same symptoms, and mine also seems to subside while I sleep and early in the morning. Appreciate any info.

OMG this was BRILLIANT advice! I've suffer off and on for years with upper back pain - a really 'dead ache' that is so bad. Your massage technique worked instantly. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

thank you for sharing your trip down your trail of frustration. i have had a pain , knawing, tingling and burning in my back also.. they dismiss it with acid reflux and a double dose prescription of prylosec . i know it is not helping .. i never had heart burn.! I get this horrible feeling in my upper left back near shoulder blade, and no dr knows what or cares to find out . and i am using ice,, rest. and advil.. anything . ?do not know where to go from here. ??? Help anyone.. i also noticed it feels better when my stomach is full. ? strange huh ?

I have the same pain and pressure in sternum shortness of breathe feel like burning sensation i. Throat and back of shoukder blades and like hard to swallow

Hey. I've been having this stinging in between my shoulder blades it doesn't happen untill I bend over to pick up something. It just happened to me today does anybody know what it is?

I've suffered from the reflux since I was on the tee ball field. Prilosec every few days. Never in my life have I experienced back pain as a result of reflux. I've lost sleep, lots of sleep. Propped up with pillows & choking on fire. Never experienced back pain as a result.,

I have h pylori I was diagnosed after my colonoscopy. I have had burning in my back for about a year. I went for a barium test and the doctor said I had mild reflux. I am now on antibotics three twice a day for twenty days . Can the antibotics make my burning in back worse. Right now I feel awful.