i just got back from 14 month deployment to afghanistan this april and i have been with 6 women since then.... condoms sometime but when it comes down to it i have been with each of them, at least once per, without protection. felt as healthy as a horse all the way up until 2 days ago when i had sex with my now girlfriend, unprotected, and next morning woke up and it was itching like mad and itched that whole day. just the very tip maybe like a centimeter down inside. at the head. doesn't itch outside of the penis and there are no marks or liasions. it felt good to grind it between my finger and thumb to stop the itching. but yeah what's the deal with this? you just wake up magically with severe symptoms of something? the itching has subsided for the time being but it comes in and out periodically. i actually believe i may have had slight itchiness there before while i was in afghanistan but nothing worth mentioning and nothing that required my immediate scratching to stop the problem. i also get really bad itchy anus sometimes too... but i have no bumps liasions cuts or anything and i whipe with baby whipes so i keep clean. it's not leftover feces, that's for sure. i think i may have some type of bacterial or fungal infection from overseas? i mean when it itches it itches BAD like i have to stop what i'm doing and scratch it it almost feels like something is inside my anus trying to eat its way out. like said the itches on both penis and anus are on the INSIDE, nothing on the outside of either. but now with the addition of the itchy urethra i was worried about an STD until just now when i thought about the anus too. have never had anal sex, i am completely heterosexual. please get back to me with some possibilities here. i am going to the health clinic on monday to get tested for STD's but i'm also in the military and they test our blood constantly, so i know i have nothing viral. i'll check back for a response.

I have the same symptoms you describe in the tip of my urethra. No problems with the anus thankfully... I don't know if this is the answer, but my problem coincided with a break out of athlete's foot. I get athlete's foot very rarely (once every 2 years or so) and jock itch more rarely still (two cases 4 years apart). I get the feeling that because of the coincidence with the timing of the symptoms that the problem may be fungal. I am wondering if it is possible to transfer the fungus from the feet to the hand to the tip of the urethra.

I feel the same thing... an itch at night... like ill wake up and i have an itch like on the tip of my urethra... and just like you said it felt good to grind it between my finger and thumb to stop the itching... any takers on what it could be?

Me too, Im with my girl friend for 5 years and I do not go mess with other partner at all and one day just woke up with an itch , not just the tip of my penis but along with the urethra TUBE all the way down,,, and i have to take some of Claritin to relieve the itch and hoping it'll go away,, do not want to go to see doctor cuz no Insurance,,, please any IDEA???

Did it go away for either of u? Cause Ive been having this problem for about a week now. It's not an STD I'm sure b/c my gf and I have been tested alrdy....anyways let me know

here it says it is probably urethritis, could be bacterial or fungal or chemical but its just temporary upon exposure to the contaminant... keep your penis clean i guess.

I think its the spermicide in the condoms or jell you use for sex...or if you girl is coming on her period and you have sex the day before causes the itsch because i just got it and i practice safe sex all the time

It's clamydia (or whatever the spelling is). The itching is more intense in the morning because of the bacteria build-up during the night, possible due to the long period of time without urination. THe itch goes away during the day (sometimes) because the urine helps to "push out" the bacteria, although not completely. Seek treatment now. Testing is real simple (urine sample for DNA screenning) and inexpensive. Treatment is very simple too.

It is best to have a urinalysis test done, and a urethral and anal swab may be taken as well. While you are waiting for the test results a clinician may treat you with 400mg of Cephixime(single dose), and Doxycycline Antibiotic Therapy at 100mg twice a day for 10 to 14 days. The laboratory tests may be negative when you actually have an infection. Otherwise another likely cause of Urethral and Anal itching might be from an overgrowth of Yeast or Candidiasis which should be treated seriously because it can become a major health problem from men. You can control Yeast by having sex with a condom as well as controlling the lifestyle factors associated with Cadidiasis overgrowth. You should check yourself into an STI and Communicable Disease Clinic which should be a free service to citizens and non citizens regardless if you have health coverage or not because communicable diseases and STI's are a threat to overall public health. In Canada if you are going to see a doctor you need health coverage or pay out of pocket fees. Public Health agencies whoes mandate it is to safe guard the public's health with regard to infectious and communicable diseases should be free of charge in most developed and first world countries.

same here had invasive jock itch for 2 weeks then started itching in the urethra's tip shortly after

Another common cause of Urethral or Anal itching other than STI's such as ghonoreah, chlamydia, or non-gonoccol urethritis(ngu's), are Pin Worms or Intestinal Parasites which causes itching of the Anus as well as the urethra in both men and women. (please note that Yeast overgrowth can be localized as in the groin, feet, mouth, urethra, anus, etc. As well as generalized which means it is in the bloodstream and can affect many different areas of your body because the circulatory system acts as a highway for yeast/fungal infections to be carried to various sites.) For yeast overgrowth I suggest eating yogurt, Kefir, taking 50 Million International Units of Acidophilus supplementation per day, drinking plenty of water, excersing, limiting your intake of cafeine, sodas, sugary foods, sodium, and eating pleanty of fresh fruit and vegetables. If your yeast overgrowth is Generalized as in it's affecting various parts of your body and is in your bloodstream, a doctor who makes the diagnosis can treat you with Amphetericen which is an anti fungal agent administered through an IV. Ask your pharmacist for an over the counter medication to treat pin worms/intestinal parasites, and follow manufacturer's directions if you have parasites. A major cause of Bladder infections, as well as a common but much overlooked cause of Urethral and Anal irritations is your body wash, soap, or other cosmetics and detergants that come into contact with those areas. It is best to choose a body wash, or soap that does not contain any Fragrances, Purfumes, Colours, or Alpha Hydroxy Acids/Beta Hydroxy Acids which are used as chemical exfoliants. some medications can also cause a sensitive urethra to become irritated.

U may have what they call an n g u infection look it up it's called n g u

An itchy penis may be caused by balanitis, psoriasis, eczema, a yeast infection, or pubic lice.  While the itchiness should be checked out by a physician, incorporating vitamins A, C, and E into your daily regimen may soothe damaged tissues and boost the body’s healing abilities.  Applying a vitamin rich penis moisturizer (many people in the medical field recommend Man 1 Man Oil) directly on the penile skin may provide soothing relief. Hope this information helps you out! 

i feel the same thing. the itching in the penis and stuff but i realize that it might be a condom. everytime i use a condom i realize that the symptoms worsens. stay away from sex for a while.....and chek the condoms....i had it and it went away but came back when i use another condom. 

i had the same problem turns out it was scabies