Is there anyone out there who has tried the Cabbage Soup Diet (or the Sacred Heart Diet) and had any success of weight loss and keeping it off? If your unfamiliar with those diets, try googling them..

Hello! I found this diet repulsive! Although I am much of a veggie person, I just could not stand eating that awful cabbage soup every day. If there was bread involved, I would have no problems but the cabbage alone was awful. I didn’t even last 7 days.

I am not a quitter and have no problem following a diet program once I start but this was really an annoyance and I was irritated by how awful it was.
Maybe, it just wasn’t my thing but I haven’t talked to any other people about it, so I don’t know their responses.

It was very popular though some years ago when I tried it, so I can’t share any positive thoughts. Have you tried it? How did you find it?

I'm trying this cabbage diet thing now. I'm on Day 2, heading for Day 3. I was fine until 4:00 today. Man, did I feel light-headed. I thought I'd be a hero and exercise for an hour. Big mistake! If it weren't for that baked potato tonight, I would have ordered pizza! o.O

Anyway, I only need to lose 12 lbs. I didn't realize I gained that much and avoided the scale for over a year. A big event is coming up in a month and nothing fits! So I'm on this diet. I had another bowl of soup tonight so am feeling pretty good again. I'll only exercise 10-20 minutes a day and I'm having strawberries for breakfast. I'll probably get up at 5:00am to have breakfast because I doubt I'll sleep through the night. I lost 2 lbs. so far and looking forward to losing at least 8 more! 8)

I don't mind cabbage, but the second batch I added tomatoes and cayenne pepper to give it more flavor. Now it tastes great! I would recommend you add a dash of this or that to the soup. I even added a small piece of melted cheese to my veggies. Better to do that than quit! I'll write again if I make it to Day 7!!! :-P

I too am on Day 2 of the diet. I actually really like the Soup! I added parsley, V-8 juice, and some garlic to it. Today is the Vegetable day and I am craving bread and something sweet! I am really looking forward to the Baked potato tonight! :-) I'll let you know how it goes.

so anyone who has done the cabbage soup diet, please let me know if it works...im on day one and i actually dont mind the soup. I spiced it up a bit.