Hello. Has anybody here tried mayoclinicdiet?? I would like to lose some weight. I’ve tried several diet pills and tried several different diets so far, but with no success. Recently I’ve heard for this new diet so I’m wondering weather anybody here has tried it and what were the results. Thanks.

I’ve tried it 4 months ago and for me it worked just as every single died I’ve tried before. But, I’ve heard that some people had success – I believe it is individual thing and that you should give it a try. At least you will clear all doubts. Good luck.

Kimmer....Years ago I tried the mayoclinic diet....I lost alot of weight fast. I have been trying to find that diet again and cant. Can you help me out?
Thanks.....SistaCrista

Hey! I heard about mayoclinic diet. It’s not a diet really, it’s more like a guide to a healthy nutrition and living. My father bought this book called “ Mayo Clinic - On healthy weight”. It is all about reaching perfect permanent weight with combining and eating healthy food. There is a pyramid that helps you choose the best. I don’t know how it really works as I haven’t read it but my father has already started using their guidance in healthy nutrition and he told me that he feels much better now, relieved, doesn’t have much problems with his asthma and stuff. So, I suppose you need to get this book in order to find “the diet” Good luck with your search!!!!

I started the mayo clinic diet in September or 2004. I stayed on it faithfully until the holidays in December. During that time I lost 31 pounds and I can't tell you how many inches because I was just interested in losing pounds. I've since gain back some wait not all due to an illness. I'm looking forward to starting the mayo diet again as of February 20,2006. I have also asked other to join me... I hope they will.

Hi there! I have also heard about mayo clinic diet! It is about combining food, right?

Tell me, did you use the advices from this book that Simone from above mentioned or did you get a written diet? I am also interested if you did everything on your own or you had some help from the nutritionists from the Mayo clinic.

I would be more than grateful if you could tell me more about the principles of this diet. I did understand that it is all about combining food but I didn’t understand what you can and can’t eat.

If you are not using this book, can you tell me where I can get the basic info or even written programs?

By the way, did you have any physical activities during dieting? 31 lbs is an amazing number and I believe every word you say. Thanx

will someone email me the mayo clinic diet, along with the cabbage soup diet and also the grapefruit diet? i have lost mine somewhere and can't find it. it does work, at least for me it has in the past. i'm due to do it again. thanks.

what is your email? I have the cabbage soup diet.

You might want to try the Kimkins Diet. It's low fat low carb and you lose really fast. Google their site and check it out. Free newsletter, too.

Guest wrote:

Yes, I have tried the Mayo Clinic Diet. It really works exactly like it states. The thing is...it is not a long term diet. It was designed(so I'm told)for people who were scheduled for surgery and needed a safe fast way to loose a lot of weight. Lots of veggies and meats w/grapefruit Juice or 1/2 of grapefruit w/everymeal. Its simple but leaves you hungry for bread if you are a bread eater. Just keep in your mind that it works because I love bread and breadstuffs...I gave it up for a month Well...you stay on the diet 12 days and off 2 days(eating sensibly)for up to 52 days. 52 pounds lost in 52 days. Try it if you are healthy enough. Ask your Doctor. It is maybe not for everyone.