Hi All! I got my tonsils and adenoids removed 9 days ago. First 5 days sucked- but it wasn't unbearable. I was able to eat pasta, soup, sorbet, etc. Days 6 and 7 were wonderful!! I thought I had a great recovery and was lucky! So I talked a lot, was up and about walking, shopping. I didn't go to the gym or anything, and I continued to eat soft foods. By day 8 I was in AWFUL pain. My doctor said I over did myself on days 6 and 7. Now it's day 9 and I'm still having the worst pain yet from this procedure. I cringe when I swallow, my tongue hurts so bad, I'm not talking at all. My ears are aching also. I'm supposed to go back to work in 3 days so I'm very worried. Has anyone else had a similar recovery with intense pain on days 8 and 9? And helpful advices or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated

Just an update to this- I am now on day 10 (I was actually on day 8 in the previous post). I'm feeling a little better today. I had my post op today and the dr said my throat looks pretty good. A lot of the scabs fell off and it's raw back there which explains why I have been having such awful pain. So glad that's normal! It burns when I eat or even drink water now. But I feel like I'm finally turning the corner :) which makes me very happy!! Luckily I got a few extra days off work to finish healing also. Hope anyone else who reads this and has to go through this has a good recovery! Like most people have said, and now I totally agree, this surgery sucked but it was totally worth it!! Those nasty tonsils are gone for good :)

OK, let me share my experience with you. I am the 21-year old guy and I was in really huge pain 11 days after the surgery. But constant pain, not that pain that is going away, no. I was better when I saw that this pain is missing after 8 days, but when the ninth day come, the pain was getting worse. So, I went to see my doctor, like I always do. I think that in those 11 days I was at his office for more than 20 times. Call me a hypochondriac, but I am just like this and I can't stand when I am in pain. 17 from 20 times my doctor told me that this is because of adenoidectomy side effects. There was nothing wrong with my recovery process or with me. Everything was perfect. But it is a good thing to consult your doctor. 

I'm 35 years old and this is day 5 of the T&A and I still feel terrible! I force myself to eat Popsicles and drink water... The pain is horrible in the morning especially... But each day gets a tad bit better.... I am still sticking to liquids... And I ran out of codeine- which rarely helped anyway!