Good day. At my excursion I met one amazing girl. She is so beautiful, and I noticed her because she was sad all the time and she was not hanging with us at all. I didn't understand why she is at this excursion, so I decided to talk to her. She accepted to talk to me and she was very kind. In this conversation, she admitted me that she is diagnosed with depression and that this is the main reason why she doesn't want nobody around her.

I liked her really, so I asked her out. Now, we are together for almost a month and I can tell you that I was not aware that dating a depressed girl can be that hard. Can you give me tips for dating with depressed girlfriend?

Here's the best tip that anyone will ever give you regarding dating a depressed girl: don't do it.

I dated a depressed girl once for half a year and it was my worst relationship ever, it was a waste of half a year of my life, I swore to never do that again. It is not that these girls are depressed, it's not just that, it's that they are dragging you down there with them. There are plenty of pretty girls out there who are not depressed and who are mentally healthy, go and search for those, but stay away from depressed girls. It's my honest advice.

Tips for dating someone, gives me the feeling like I am still in elementary school and I am asking my father what to do and how to hit on girls.

Depressed girls are hard, I can tell you that. They will love you for the time that you are spending with them, especially if you are making them feel good, but they are still going to be sad most of the time and pessimistic. Do you think that you could manage that? It is not easy as it sounds, I think that you should give it a try and see how it goes.

I like the advice that Deni gave you, I think that I would go along with it, the one about not dating depressed girls. What do you need that for? If you want to do it, sure, go ahead, but it is very hard and you don't really have to go through this. I guess you can go ahead and learn on your own mistakes.

Depressed people like to be listened to, they want to be listened to. They don't want your advice, they want you to listen to them and to agree with them, support them and be there for them whenever they need you.

I guess you should just give it a shot and see how it goes. I wouldn't give up immediately, who knows, maybe she just happens to be the love of your life, like the ones from the fairy tales, she might be your "happily ever after".

My only suggestion to you would be to just be who you are. As a girl, that is what I want from a guy, just for him to be who he is, no pretending, so just do what you think is the best, do the best you can. I hope that things will work out for the two of you.

Wait, what?
I should leave her just because she is depressed? I don't understand... As I could read from your posts, a lot of you are suffering from the same problem, so I don't believe that you want to stay alone. I know that she doesn't want to be alone and that she needs someone around her. I can understand that this is hard, I am seeing her since I wrote this post and I understand that this is not easy, but that doesn't mean that I am going to leave her... Maybe this could be the worse relationship in my life, but maybe it can be the best as well. Maybe I can help her get over that depression... At least, I will try.

Hm...It is hard to tell you what to do, and I also do think that I am like in high school trying to give you advice... Like, Dear magazine, I am dating with...If you know what I mean.

Yes, you are right a lot of us are dealing with depression, so that is why we do know the best how hard is for our partners to deal with us. 

Those advice are nothing bad, on contrary. We are telling you this because I do believe that you are young and you think that you can beat the world. Well, trust me you can't.

And you can't help her if she doesn't want to help herself. 

There is no tip about that. You will date her or you will not - it is a simple.

Why there is no tip? Because every kind of depression is different and every depressed human being acts differently. For example, I love when my partner asks me to go to long walks, while my friend just hate this.

Anyway, opinions are different as you can see. 

I can tell you that you should give this girl a chance, do not push her to do something that she doesn't want to do and be there for her.

But be careful because she can hurt you. Really, really hurt you. 

Wow, what a discussion. Yes, it can be hard but you need to remember one thing - depressed people are people as well and they need our attention, they need to be loved as well. If you are so into this girl, than try it, but like you already know, be careful. Sometimes depressed persons can do something to hurt you because they just want to hurt you. They want you to feel miserable like they do. That is a trap. I don't know, try it. Tell her that you love long walks and that you do believe that she is going to love them as well, get two different books and go with her at the park to read those books on the bench. Try it but don't have high hopes.