Hi everyone,

So my girlfriend says that she has actually been diagnosed with depression. Well, to be honest, she is my ex girlfriend so I think that she is actually doing this just to get my attention. She actually told me that she has some papers from her doctors which say that she really has depression.

I was wondering if there is a way to even trick the doctors, so that even they think that you have depression, which you don't really have? I don't think that my ex has depression, I am almost 100% sure that she is doing this just to get me back.

Hey Guest,

Girls really know ways to get what they want, don't they?

It is definitely possible and quite easy to fool someone who isn't too familiar with depression, however, it's difficult to fool a trained mental health professional. If she went to see a trained mental health professional, then she might not be pretending, however, if this guy was just an ordinary doctor not specialized in mental health, then it is possible to fool him.

There are a lot of known cases when girls are acting that they are depressed and those kinds of things, so yes, it is possible indeed.

I had the same problem with my girlfriend. She didn't really have it written on paper, she didn't have any written evidence that she has depression, but she made me really scared. She told me how she is depressed, how she can't sleep, how she isn't leaving her bed, and how she is going to kill herself eventually, she just doesn't have the courage to do it now. Later I met some friends telling me how they saw her in a club partying with her friends and stuff. Guess this means that it is possible, I mean, girls are really good actors.

Yeah, although I'm almost sure that she is faking it, I am still scared because of that little chance that she is right. I don't want to be responsible if anything bad happens to her, because I will feel responsible, because I will know that she told me about it and I did nothing to help her.

I have an idea. Does anyone know what would be the best way to find out if she is really depressed or not? I don't want to stalk her, like, see if she goes partying and stuff, I hope that there is another way to do this.

Hey there. Sure that you can fake depression. I know one girl and she used to be my really good friend. I say used to be, because she was faking depression constantly to get what she wants. And we never assumed that she is faking it. We really were concerned about her, we were trying to help her. Until one day her mom told us that she is faking just because she wants to get something and that this is not the first time that she is doing something like this. I could swear that she was depressed. But I guess that I was wrong because later she told us that she was pretending to be depressed always. 

Hey. I was posting earlier in here and I was telling you about my problem, but I think that I should tell you in this post as well how things are. You can fake depression. I was faking depression because my boyfriend wanted to leave me. I just hear him talking to someone, some of his friends I guess that he can't be with me for certain reasons. I could not accept this at all, so I have decided to fake that I am depressed. He never insisted a lot to take me to the doctor, because I was refusing it. I just wanted to tell you that you can do this, and I don't want to be judged.

Faking depression to keep somebody by your side is so selfish. No, I am not judging you, I am just telling you how things are. So, you can fake depression. But you should know that it is very, but very difficult to fool someone like well trained mental health professional. He can easily notice that there is nothing wrong with you at all and that you are faking it. Trust me, there are so many signs for well trained person to find out very fast that you are faking depression. So think again will you do it, once you got caught, you will be really ashamed!

Guys, those who are faking depression are making a fool of themselves and they think that they will make a fool of anybody else. Well, that is a mistake. Why? Well, because when you are depressed you are losing a will to do any kind of the job, you can easily lose your job as well as your social status. That is not very easy, you can't say that you are depressed and that you are feeling down just when you are in your home and when your boyfriend is telling you that you two need to talk - for example. 

It is much harder than this. I am dealing with depression and I KNOW that feeling.