My husband and I have been taking hydrocodone for about one and a half years. About 100mg a day. we haunt had any for 5 days, we are trying to quit, but the withdrawals are killing us. We each took suboxone 2 mg about 3 hours ago. We have an appointment tomorrow at a methadone clinic, but would really like to take some hydro tonight to take the edge off until tomorrow. Can we take hydro tonight so soon after taking suboxone if today was our first time ever taking suboxone?

You sound EXACTLY like me and my husband. I will say first, just from my experience, I wouldn't get put on Methadone. When you come off of that, it's just as bad if not worse than coming off of pain meds. You need to stick with Suboxone. The 2mg that you took earlier, is no where enough for you both. That's why you are still feeling like c**p! You will more than likely get started out on 8mg. On the bottle it will say 8/2 mg because they're two ingredients in the Suboxone. The 8mg part is the part that keeps you from feeling so awful. I do that from experience and running out of one med. I always wind up taking something I probably shouldn't but it helps with the withdraws so I do anyways b/c you feel like you will do anything to make that feeling go away. I would try holding off as long as possible to take the hydrocodone. If you decide to take it, wait until you absolutely can NOT take the withdraws anymore. If you are for sure going to a clinic tomorrow and you really feel awful then I guess it wouldn't hurt to just take one to help you sleep through the night...but if you're like me and my husband, we wouldn't ever just take one or two to take the edge off. We ended up taking more. Just make sure you both follow through with the help/treatment tomorrow. I promise it will be the greatest thing you've done. Don't be like me and wait years and years. I'm only 25 years old but I've been addicted since I was 16. I was in a car accident when I was 15 and had many surgeries, procedures, injections, etc on my back b/c I fractures several discs in my lower back and was put on many different kinds of pain meds. I never abused them, I always took them like I was supposed to but my body just got immune after so many years. My pain dr. just kept telling me that my pain was just getting worse and I needed to keep having these procedures done and up my doses and quantity. He was just making my problem worse. So a few years ago, I got help. Again, I highly HIGHLY recommend the Suboxone. Actually, see if you can get the Suboxone Film, not the tablets. I promise if you guys get put on the right dose and right amount, you guys will finally feel like your old selves again and you will start sleeping better, etc. Good luck to you guys and if you don't mind let me know how it goes. :)