I"m very over weight and i'm a single mom on a fix income and need help to lose about 100 lbs can someone help me ??????????????PLEASE :'( :-(

Hello! 100 lbs is a lot of weight to be lost and honestly, I believe you need professional help.
How ready are you to commit yourself to control, regular exercise, total dietary change because this is what is ahead of you? You need to be aware that losing 100 lbs is a though call and demands persistence, good will and courage.
The desire results won’t come immediately and that is another thing you need to be aware of. No magic pills or diets won’t help you. What you need are life-style changes.
A simple reduced food intake won’t do you no good for the moment because there is a lot of weight to be lost. You need a program based on your age, weight, and medical condition. Having extra 100 lbs will probably prevent you from signing in for aerobics but you need to have at least regular walks every day and you may find a gym with a committed instructor who could guide you or at least show you what exercises would be appropriate for you.
A doctor may decide to prescribe a weight loss medicine to help you lose weight in addition to low calorie intake and regular exercise.
In the end, you need to understand that junk and high-fat food will be a history to you.
Try to find a doc, consult a GP first and s/he may instruct you where to go and who to seek.
I wish you good luck and a lot of persistence!!!!

BLA! BLA! BLA!! Go to your family Docter and ask to be put on Adipex, Its about 25 Dollars a Month if you fill it at walmart. Yes, I agree you do have to start changing your whole lifestyle but adipex will give you a nice boost! Stop eating after 8pm because if your like me then you more hungry and crave sweets at night. You need to start taking a good doc prescribed diet pill to shrink you stomach that way when you get off you wont be hungry at night because now you've conditioned your body and mind to not eat at night. Good Luck sweety i know its hard. ;-) ;-)

I don't understand why everyone thinks that the only way to lose weight is to be put on a pill. That will only help in the short term. On the other hand, if you learn to have self control, exercise and eat right that can help in the long run, and probably have less side effects.

honestly, a diet pill is the lazy way out. and they rarely ever work. especially for those who believe that the magic will happen without including some sort of activity and a change to healthier eating habits.

notice the fine print at the bottom of the television screen for any commercial advertising a diet pill. it will most likely recommend exercise and a well balanced diet along with it.

there's no metabolism-booster-in-a-bottle either. there's loads of ways to increase your metabolism without having to waste money on that junk:

do some type of aerobic exercise (walking, jogging, swimming, etc.) on a DAILY basis for 30 to 60 minutes, preferably in the morning.

never skip meals. and definitely, always eat breakfast. skipping breakfast sends the message to your body that you are "starving" because you haven't had food in 18+ hours (dinner the night before to lunch the following day). as a protective mechanism, your metabolism slows down (i usually eat 4-6 *small* meals a day to keep my metabolism going on strong).

look for extra ways to be active. join a gym, use the stairs instead of the elevator, park further a ways from the entrance in the parking lot, etc.

I agree with the last post

Lifestyle changes

My wife before we were married weighed 250 lbs! When I met her she weighed 110lbs! She still looks great and was a single mom with a fixed income. It can be done! Have faith and stick with a plan. Do not let up!

**edited by moderator**

i recomend that you do not take the pill and just exersise, and if your a single mom then make the exersising a family fun thing, take the kids with you for a stroll to the park or go to the baths, this will make losing weight fun for all of the family and you will enjoy it too :D