OK, I have noticed that all of the posts on this forum say pretty much the same things.

Can masturbation make me impotent?
Can masturbation ruin my potency / sex drive?
Can it affect my penis size?
Can it cause sores?
Is it causing my headaches or whatever else?
Blah blah blah. Same things over and over.

Right, stop posting the same things. READ other posts first.

Here are your answers.

Masturbation has NO NEGATIVE EFFECT on you. Physically or mentally. Those people who tell you that it does are either religious nuts, misinformed or they are people who like to blame masturbation for whatever problem they have instead of dealing with the real issues in their life. Is someone masturbates and can't get a stiffy, that's not BECAUSE you masturbate. It could be many other things. Don't be stupid and blame masturbation cos that's c**p.

The only ways it can be harmful are:

- If you spend ALL DAY in your room and never talk to anyone else then you will not have good social skills. This isn't just cos you're up their wanking. if you are always on a video game or playing with Barbie dolls then the same thing can happen.

- Your arm will ache if you overdo it. Same with ANY physical activity.

- You could possibly get friction pain if you overdo it. Try some lube.

- You could possibly get a little dehydrated fromt he excersion and spunking. Drink throughout the day. This is, again, not an effect of masturbation, but of any physical activity.

- You could try something stupid like getting your penis caught in the hoover or getting a can of deodorant stuck inside your arse or vagina. That's just dumb.

I'm sure there are a couple more, but my point is that masturbation itself is healthy. If you neglect other activities, requirements and common sense because of it then that's stupid. It doesn't have to be that you are wanking though. If you KNIT for a week without stopping, it might start to hurt. It goes for anything.

If you have a pain or discharge, lumps, rash or anythign else like that or you think you might be pregnant then SEE A DOCTOR. It's not because you wank. It is something else and your GP should be able to help witht at. They won't be shy, so you shouldn't be either. They see all sorts all of the time. It also won't affect girls periods if they wank.

Masturbation being a sin. In my opinion, all you need to accomplish in life is being a good person. Don't harm yourself and don't harm others. You don't need to be strict about saying certain words on certain days and denying yourself pleasure. It's all a load of rubbish. Everyone wanks. The priest who is telling you off for wanking is probably having a good old tug why he listens to you confess. Chill out. We're humans; not robots.

Yes, 99% of men wank and I think the number would be nearly as high (if not the same) for women. Most people wank. Some people start at 5, some at 12, some at 18. You are never too young. You may not be able to cum til you are a little older (18 or more for some people), but you won't be harming yourself if you have a fiddle. I must say that 5 year olds wanking seems a bit worrying, but I'm sure alot of us used to hump our matresses when we were little cos it felt nice. It's aphysical pleasure, not a sexual urge.

If you masturbate with a friend, it doesn't NECESSARILY make you gay or bi. People have curiosities that need to be satisfied. If you are not turned oon by watching your mate then you are straight. Get over it. Even if you are turned on, you don't need to label yourself. Take it on a person to person basis. Some people will be attracted to only ONE person of the same sex in their life time. Soem like both, some like just the same, some like just the opposite. It doesn't matter. You don't have to call yourself anything special cos of who you fancy. Even if you experimented with someone of the same gender. What IS WRONG though, is to deny it to yourself. Just accept it. It really isn't a big deal.

Instructions on wanking. Everyone wanks differently. Alot of people just do the traditional up down hand movement (for guys), but alot do all sorts of things. I had a partner who used to shake his penis about til he came. Bizarre, but it worked for him. Same for girls. Just do what feels good. Learning HOW to get yourself off is often 50% of the point for girls.

Those who are after ways to STOP masturbating. You are stupid. Everyone does it, it feels good and you need to have an outlet for your urges. If you are getting laid daily then fine, but if you don't get any sex for 6 months at a time then you NEED to wank to keep yourself sane. It is also unhealthy not to ejaculate for really long periods of time.

A few of you are posting about unwanted sexual advances. If you don't feel comfortable tell them so. If you feel unsafe, tell somebody. A parent, teacher or maybe even the police if it is serious.

hope this answered alot of questions and that we have some more interesting posts from now on cos reading the same question in 50 posts is stupid and will ruin the forum.

First of all, it is perfectly healthy to refrain from orgasm/ejaculation. It's a personal preference, not a health issue. You may enjoy it, and I'm sure it does, indeed, relieve stress for you; masturbation, however, isn't inherently NECESSARY. I'm speaking from the point of view of someone who actually agrees with you - but only in part. I understand what you're saying. I once felt the same way about masturbation, and thought that I NEEDED it. I later found out, however, that masturbation/orgasm wasn't something that came naturally - I wanted to masturbate because of the lusting I did. It's pretty simple. Once I stopped lusting, which is hard to at times, my urges decreased, and I found that masturbation wasn't inherent. Long story short, I understand what you're saying, but I ultimately disagree. I am a Christian, but I'm hardly a nut. I agree with that it says in the Bible about abstaining from sexuality before marriage. That's my personal decision. I can live without masturbation quite easily once I taught myself to live a life without lust. I set my thoughts to more worthwhile, productive thoughts. It can be done, but only with motivation, patience, and more importantly, prayer. God is an awesome God, a being who wants to help us, not harm us or ruin our lives. He has reserved this sexual feeling to be experienced in marriage. If we exploit the gift now, it will inevitably lost its appeal. He has good plans for us, even if our culturally trained mind can't see that at first. He even says in Jeremiah that he has plan "not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope" (Jeremiah 29:11).
Take care!

**edited by moderator**

why you trust the medical studies so much as if its a religion or something? not because there haven't been any solid proves that masturbation have side effect means its safe to do seven times a day, that's stupid, why you want to force your OPINION not a FACT to the others here in this site? maybe this site should be shutdown if its all about why you only think is true...

In the bible it NEVER says not to masturbate. It simply says, no sex till ur married end of story no discussion needed. MASTURBATE!!!

Never ever mix science and god..if u apply 100% logic on the faith in god, thousands of people died due to tsunami..where did the god go ..not everyone in a town did sins..try to realize that..god and love are feelings that can not be rationalized!

Hey man, I just wanted to let you know that EVERYBODY sins. If you don't then you are perfect... nobody is perfect. And to adamse2 there is nowhere in the bible that says you can't masturbate. I am your brother in Christ and I am a christian my self. I have spent over 6 months trying to find ANYTHING that God says about masturbation and found nothing.

This is a very controversial subject and there are those of us such as you and i that fight about it constantly. You are in a way taking the scripture out of context, Yes, He says abstain from having sexual intercourse until you are married and to only have it with the person you are married to. I FULLY agree with that and I live my life accordingly but He also says that once we have TRUE love with our partner it will be like no other feeling we have ever felt.

Including masturbation. Masturbation is an action of the flesh because it (the flesh) needs to have the stimulation. Our freewill allows us to overpower our flesh if we so choose but denying what God has left open to an open subject is just ridiculous. I think that you are one of the few people that can actually think for themselves in this effed up world because you believe in the one TRUE God and have accepted him as your savior. But my theory is that if God wanted us to stop masturbating He would have told us. He would have given us a sign or something in the Bible about the issue. But since he hasn't confronted the subject yet he doesn't mind.

Now. about the lusting part. I (again) FULLY agree with you on this part. No obligations here. :) if we allow our selves to lust (or, allow our flesh to overpower our minds while we are thinking or looking at/of a woman's body in a very sexual and disgusting way) we should repent and ask God for forgiveness. If it is an addiction then we need to pray. Pray so much that it would take up the time that we would be lusting. While we are praying we need to focus completely on God's face. (Jesus if you want) this will take any visual things that we may be thinking of out of your minds.

If you feel that you can't get the images out of your head you're absolutely right. You can't. Once you see something you will NEVER get it out of you head. Satan will use images that you thought you had "forgotten" against you. BUT, there is hope. You may not be able to forget the images but you can cloud them. you can blur them. make them less clear. by reading the bible. replacing the pictures with good pictures.

I have to go but I would write more if I could. let God be with you and Shalom.

this is true, the origin of this myth is the story of Onan, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onan.

to the OP, good post. maybe you should throw something in about explaining virginity and that should cover most sexual misconceptions. it's amazing how many girls who've never had sex think they've lost their virginity through masturbation/breaking their hymen.

to any of you out there who actually believe the bible word for word, it was written by humans. humans with free will of interpretation and writing. it has been misused and misquoted as a method of control.

the story of Onan has been misinterpreted and used by the church as a method of making points about contraception, masturbation and sexual intercourse. ironically the passage actually undermines the churches statements about sexuality and marriage, in that God commanded Onan to have sex with his brother's widow, presumably out of wedlock. the only accurate conclusion that can be drawn from the passage is that God objected to the fact that Onan would deny his brother an heir by "spilling his seed" when he pulled out. there is no indication that this means that any form of contraception is bad or that masturbation is bad.

yes, let's close down a site where EVERYONE can post their opinion, including you, just because you don't like what one poster has to say. next time try proof reading and grammatical corrections as well. it's all common sense. the original poster did say that if you keep masturbating you'll probably hurt yourself. they mentioned the social impacts. what more do you want? i suspect you object on religious or moral grounds. thousands of years of evolution have proven if you touch it, it won't really fall off you know.

for the record, i am a baptised Catholic.

I think that the issue of masterbation is not religese in any way. i do know the old term, if you do not use it! it will go away or the urge will become less. I backed off from that for a couple of years, and found out it was true then started allmost every day and i am now back to just realy having great orgasums. it took about a year of great fun.

in the bible, god didn't say "do not masturbate".. but he said "inhibit your lust"- means you can still masturbate but do not abuse your self. god also said not to.. ( sorry bout the english kind'a suck!)

All sins are against one of the ten commandments. The 7th commandment says "you shall not commit adultery". This includes adultery, sex outside of marriage, rape, incest, molestation, masterbation, lust, impure thoughts, looking at sinful pictures, videos or reading anything sinful. These are all mortal sins.

To the originator of this thread... Somebody is stupid for trying to stop masturbating? Do you say that because you could never stop for a meaningful amount of time? Or is it because you're an employee within the pornography industry?

There are HERDS of young people that FEEL that something is not right with masturbating but can't figure out why and you're telling them it's ok, it's natural, there's no harm - you're telling them not to trust what that little voice inside is telling them?

I completely agree with the last post. I am tired of hearing men say "it's normal, there's nothing wrong with it, so just do it". How is "normal" defined anyway? Usually, if something is said to be "normal", it just means it's pretty common. But that doesn't make it RIGHT, so never tell people that they should wank (this site isn't letting me use the M word!) or that they are bad if they don't. (I'm not saying anyone here has said that, but some people do.)

Also, you'd be very surprised to see that a very large number of men (and boys!) don't actually want to wank. And it's for all sorts of reasons. (This comes from spending a lot of my lifetime browsing similar forums and talking to other people) Don't get me wrong, most of them enjoy the physical pleasure of it the same way pretty much all guys seem to, and they enjoy the release of stress or tension, etc etc. But like i said, they also have reasons why they would rather not do it, or at the very least, they want to be able to control their desires. (In other words, let their brain control their hand, rather than their penis control their hand lol)

And one last thing. "Masturbation has no negative effect on you." Erm, and HOW do you know this with such certainty?? Do you not realise how many people out there say the opposite, and have quite a lot of statistics and evidence to back it up? Who knows which of you is correct, but don't sound so certain. And never imply that you know why people tell others that they shouldn't wank. Considering how many people are alive in this world, you are bound to know very few people!! Just like the rest of us.

im with you! especially about masterbatin' being a sin and all. i dont think it would be a sin, it is not mentioned in the bible.

masterbating is Soooo fun!
:-D

Just for all of you that say that masturbation inst in the Bible it is. In the old testiment it talks about not wasting your seed on the ground. But do you follow the old testiment laws or Christ's law. Christ does not mention this and in the old testiment they were replenishing the earth. Will it send you to hell? I doubt it. We are taught from a small child that it is wrong and that it is sinful. I don't and can not believe that. It is pleasureful the same way eating a piece of chocolate can be or a really GOOD workout (endorphins). It can be healthy also keeps the heart pumping therefore burning calories any time you are out of breathe you have really done something. It can become a problem as can anything else that we abuse. If you are withholding from your spouse and masturbating then yes I think that is wrong. We could argue this subject and get a million answers pray that's the best I can tell you. If God convicts you of it then there ya go I guess.
And to the person that wrote the story of onan read what you wrote (8And Judah said unto Onan, "Go in unto thy brother's wife and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.") and then reread your statement. God was dipleased because he disobeyed Him.