I was dianosed with depression when I was 18 and have since come off the medication. Ever since I can remember, I have had paranoid thoughts of people watching me (even putting cameras in my house), I know this is not true but I can't help it, I can't even get undressed in my own room as I think photos are watching me. As well as this I trust my boyfriend and know he would never do anything to hurt me, but I can't help think he's cheating with another girl who is just a friend. Is all this linked to me having depression or is it a totally different issue?

hi oozie dear,

First of all i would like u to join the club. nice meeting u i have GAD and depression as the doctor told me. Listen dear when u think a lot for nothing its obvious u will get depressed and maybe u feel paranoid!! remember the brain is an organ like a sponge that absorbs water. thats how the brain works if u feed him with this thoughts u will think more that u r obsessed of getting paranoid. Try to think possitevely in life dear.I know its not easy soemtimes cause i pass from times like these too.

Try to join a club of cbt courses they can really help to understand how to deal with ure thoughts and start to feel like before. I deeply understand from what u are passing through i can imagine !!

But always have courage in difficult situatiions and talk with people !!

Your friend from Malta:)

Hiya, The answer is yes, I have suffered from depression for ten years and it has loads of other effects on ur life such as being paranoid and suffering with panic attacks. I always find talking helps:)

Best wishes