Hi. I’m 24 year old female and I would like to work on my body and look. My legs are fine but I need some workout for my belly. I’ve heard somewhere that situps are good for that matter. Is that true? Are there any rules for this exercise??? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you’ve heard right - situps can strengthen your belly muscles. It is also you’ve asked around about it because doing them incorrectly can hurt your back. I’ll try to explain you how to do it correctly and safely. First, situps should be done while you lie on your back. Your knees should be bent enough for the soles of your feet to touch the floor. In that position place both hands on your chest and then raise your head off the ground (do it slowly – don’t rush). Then (also slowly) raise your shoulders around one foot and then lower them to the ground. For the beginning, do only 3 series of 10 repetitions. After each repetition rest some time – I think 1 minute is enough. After some time (a week or two) when your muscles become stronger, you can increase number of repetitions (for example from 10 to 15 or 20). Then, when that too becomes easy start doing it with a light weightheld behind your neck. There, I hope I’ve explained everything important and I hope it helps.