who are the specialists in cdif

My Dad was just diagnosed with cdif but he's still on antibiotics, not the kind that treat cdif. Should he be taken off the antibiotics?

I have a son who is a quad/TBI survivor who is considered medically fragile, as he is tube fed and has a tracheostomy with D-diff. I have found, after Flagyl didn't work, that the timing of his Vancomycin with the addition of probiotics and echinacea very beneficial. His Vanco is 6ml every 6 hours. Two hours after his Vanco, I give him a probiotic capsule (10 mg) and an echinacea capsule (400mg). He also gets about 2 liters of water or Gatorade in addition to his normal tube feeds. This has helped, over the period of 2 weeks, to return his digestive tract to almost normal. The diarrhea slowed down after 3 days. I stopped all milk products, including yogurt, as that seemed to inflame his bowels; hence the capsuled probiotics. After 2 weeks I was able to re-introduce pureed FRESH banana, guava juice and baby rice cereal, 3X a day, about 300 ml at a time, via tube in addition to the Jevity tube feed and the probiotics. He has stopped losing weight, and is now on the road to recovery. I hope this helps!!!