I hear you and am with you on this. Same thing - car accident and unbearable pain every day, every hour, every second. I had a neurosurgeon agree that I need back surgery, and actually grabbed a tissue as I was bawling because I was told he could do a microdiscectomy but I have no disc left between my vertabrae and they didn't do replacements - which I need. I'm on Celebrex, Lyrica, percocets, lorazapam, clonazapam, elavil... I went for corisone shots which worked for about 4-5 days only. Same as you, I would do anything to stop the pain - wakes you up constantly through the night. I go to work during the day (office setting) to take my mind off of it. and to not be alone as this is dangerous - I want it all to end. Only thing keeping me around is my 10 year old daughter. My neurologist said to try another hospital. I have will have had 10 MRIs within the past year - May 13 and then June 3rd for number 9 and 10.

I don't know what to say except your post touched me in that there is someone else out there, like me, suffering daily and in silence more often than not. You don't want to keep complaining but ppl see it in your face, your eyes and of course in the way you try to walk.

I look at ppl at the grocery store lifting a case of water into their cart and ENVY them for being able to. I was in a car accident June 3 one year ago and everything is getting worse. Physiotherapists and chiros won't touch me - liability issues. I'm spaced out on drugs all the time but it doesn't kill the pain. You know.

I'm so sorry we're in this together, along with many others. This is not living. I just told my husband I want to be coma induced - he said, then what? I said at least I would be out of pain and be able to get some rest. And they could still see me and maybe I would have a parital smile on my face for once.

Take care - I don't know you but we're in this hell together. It somehow gives me a sick sense of solice knowing I am not alone after reading so so many posts, like yours. Good luck to both of us in our life long attempt to be pain free, or at least have it at a bearable limit - I'd take 7 or 8 out of 10 vs. 11 out of 10 anytime.

Hi - I had an MRI done and the diagnose was herniated discs C5/C6.
However I do NOT have any of the symptoms regarding left arm/wrist/finger tingling or numbness. Does that mean it is not herniated for real "yet" or it might be a wrong diagnose?

Any suggestions as to what should I avoid doing to not get into the situation of one day having arm/wrist trouble? Can I still go to the gym and workout arms and shoulders?

Thanks
Soren

i had the same experience like yours no_quackery , according to the result of MRI it will heal naturally so the Doctor give me pain reliever and if gets severe i can also try the pain reliever thru injection ,but as of now i feel much better than before . And thank you that I dont need to go under surgery.

Thank you for your post. I just saw my spine doctor. After months of physical therapy and exercise I still have the same prob. After testing this morning he suggested an appointment for spine surgery. I have severe nerve damage, and says I need fusion at c-6 anc c-7.

So glad to read you healed up and the surgery fixed the problem.

Rick,

I was just today diagnosed with the C6-C7 disk being "out of place," and with degenerative bone disease in that locale. I had been experiencing pain in my right shoulder blade and neck the last 3 months, and more recently, pain in my right elbow and surrounding area. I had been prescribed muscle relaxers to relieve any muscle tension, and while these kept me from tensing up and lifting my shoulder to compensate for my pain, they didn't really remove any of the pain.

I was prescribed Celebrex for inflammation the last 30 days. They helped for about the first 8 hours, but then seemed to wear off, leaving me uncomfortable until the next morning.

Today I was put on Mobic (Meloxicam), I still feel the pain, but I'll try it for a couple weeks.

Interestingly, Ibuprofen seems to work best for me. It is a nuisance taking 3 doses a day, and having to take them with food, but it really does manage the pain better than what I had been taking.

I was bench pressing well over 400 ibs at the time when I hurt my back, I did it squatting , felt a sharp pain across the shoulders and felt like someone shot me in the shoulder blade! I have half the strenght I use to have because of the tricep and numbness in the fingers what about inversion tables , chiropractic and or acupunture

I experience similar simptoms this year and after seeing the specialist and discussing with my Family, I decided to take the procedure. I. 37 yrs and the specialist that time was on my side.
the precdure was over in 2 hrs, I was in Intesive Care for 24 hrs and the bed rest for another day with two succesful attempts walking, 1 with a frame and the 2nd with out. I should also mention at this point I had bone Graft from my left hip. nearly a week later I'm alsomost walking without a limp and getting in nd out of bed prettyy comfortably.
my strength in my left Tricep was almost 100% the day after the prcedure thank god. The tingling in the fingers is returns from time to to time and is on the tips of my left index finger mainly. the pain has also gone,
the doctor said that the most discomfort Id experience is the the Hip which he was correct.

Hi, I'm very similar to you were at present. Increasingly desperate for directions and answers. How are things for you now?

Generally,IF nerves will regenerate, they regenerate at a painfully slow rate of one millimetre per day. As you can imagine, from the length of the nerve in your hands to your C5-C6, it will take much patience. You could be looking at a year or more.