Just recently, me geneticist found a duplication of genetic material on chromosome 17 that is indicative of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this disease or if you have been diagnosed with it. If you have been diagnosed with it, can you tell me how it affects your life? Any help is appreciated!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.

I have CMT - I'd suggest seeing a doctor who specializes in it (not just any neurologist).

If you don't have problems with walking / balance, that is very good. Even if you do, it's probably not that bad (can get AFOs). You'll hear a lot of horror stories but those are the people who write about it.

Since you're 17, I'd strongly suggest seeing a counselor or somebody to think about careers and how this might affect. You probably don't want to be doing something where you're on your feet all the time. Be like a music producer or something.

My genericist told me when I had an appointment a week ago, that my neurologist's favorite disease was CMT, so no worries there. I am starting to have problems with walking and dexterity in my hands and the current splints for my feet are losing their effectiveness but I was referred to an orthopedist. And as for careers, possibly somewhere in the medical field