My physician recommended me to perform colonoscopy. I found out that is when doctor look inside entire large intestine. It should be done from the lowest part, the rectum, all the way up through the colon to the lower end of the small intestine. I know this procedure is used to look for early signs of cancer in the colon and rectum, and I know I shouldn’t take it easy. I want to know more about the way colonoscopy will be performed.

Colposcopy is also used to diagnose the causes of unexplained changes in bowel habits. Colonoscopy enables the physician to see inflamed tissue, abnormal growths, ulcers, and bleeding. For this procedure, you will lie on your left side on the examining table. You will probably be given pain medication and a mild sedative to keep you comfortable. This will help you to relax during the exam. The physician will insert long, flexible, lighted tube into your rectum and slowly guide it into your colon. The tube is called a colonoscope. The scope transmits an image of the inside of the colon, so the physician can carefully examine the lining of your colon. The scope bends, so the physician can move it around the curves of your colon, carefully, so it won’t hurt you. You may be asked to change position occasionally to help the physician move colonoscope. The scope also blows air into your colon, which inflates the colon and helps the physician see inside of it better. If anything abnormal is seen in your colon, like a polyp or inflamed tissue, the physician can remove all or part of it using tiny instruments passed through this scope.

hi everyone.
I have to have a colonoscopy due to the pains im getting in my bellybutton and around the bellybutton anyways a thught u were asleep or the procedure iam i wrong?
thanx.
jeanette

i have had a colonoscopy as well as many other procedures done and surgery for the area also.
They had me drink the gawd awful drink the day before and i was alsleep during the procedure.
i have very small insides and due to that they needed to use a childs scope on me.
They told me pretty much when i woke up what they found and that was diverticulitis, which ended up requiring 2 surgeries, one just 3 days a go.