I’d like to hear what your opinions on abortion are. Recently my friend had an abortion. She is 25. When she found out that she was pregnant she wanted to keep the baby, but expected from her boyfriend’s parents to give them material support. She is still a student. I was the first that told her that that was not such good idea. Finally, she did it. I know that she didn’t decide it because of me. But, is it all about the money? I’m not sure if I was wrong.

I agree with you. It’s important to have control on your life and to decide when it is the right time. Thanks the science for abortion. I think that financial independence is very important and makes you mature enough for making some important decisions. I mean, I like babies and want to have children one day, but they have many needs and I want to be able to give them all mother can.

Abortion kills a human being PERIOD. If you have an abortion, it may increase your risk of breast cancer later in life. If you have an abortion, it increases your chances of having mental health and/or substance abuse issues. If you have an abortion, it can affect your ability to get pregnant later in life. Get the facts, do some research. There's 100's of thousands of childless couples who'd love to adopt a child, if you can't raise the baby, save the babies life, and give him or her to a loving family.

viper1968!!!!has no idea what she/he is talking about!!!
SO YOU ""Get the facts, do some research""
abortion has no PROVEN link to BREAST CANCER!!!were are geting your info????also an abortion is 80% less like to cause death than the chilbirth prosses.ABORTION has no increase in your chances in " mental health and/or substance abuse issues"If you are sure about your choices there should be no reason for " mental health and/or substance abuse issues"
unless you are pushed tword or not sure about your descion then dont make that decision ""PERIOD""there is less then 1/2 of a percent of women who ""it can affect your ability to get pregnant later in life""... >:( this makes me very angry to see someone posting such incorrect facts on abortion!!!!!

Springfield, IL -- A recent government funded study in Finland shows that women who abort are approximately four times more likely to die in the following year than women who carry their pregnancies to term. In addition, women who carry to term are only half as likely to die as women who were not pregnant.

"This is an impeccable, record-based study," said David C. Reardon, Ph.D., who authored a review of the Finland study and other related studies in the latest issue of The Post-Abortion Review. "It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that abortion is not safer than childbirth."

Researchers from the statistical analysis unit of Finland's National Research and Development Center for Welfare and Health (STAKES) examined death certificate records for all women of reproductive age (15-49) who died between 1987 and 1994 — a total of 9,129 women. They then examined the national health care database to identify any pregnancy-related events for the women in the 12 months prior to their deaths.

The researchers found that compared to women who carried to term, women who aborted in the year prior to their deaths were 60 percent more likely to die of natural causes, seven times more likely to die of suicide, four times more likely to die of injuries related to accidents, and 14 times more likely to die from homicide. Researchers believe the higher rate of deaths related to accidents and homicide may be linked to higher rates of suicidal or risk-taking behavior.

"Even though this important study was published in the top Scandinavian obstetrics journal, it has been completely ignored by the American press," Reardon said. "Even worse, abortion counselors continue to lie to American women. They are telling women that abortion is safer than childbirth, when this and other irrefutable studies prove exactly the opposite. The entire body of medical literature clearly shows that abortion contributes to a decline in women's physical and mental health. Women aren't hearing this. Nor are they being told that giving birth actually contributes to women's overall health, not only in comparison to those who abort but also in comparison to women who have not been pregnant."

Reardon believes that abortion providers are collaborating with population control zealots to conceal the risks of abortion in order to advance their own financial and social engineering agendas. "If they were really pro-choice, they would want women to know about abortion's true risks," he said. "Instead, they are offering women a bundle of half-truths and complete fabrications."

I think what is important is to realize here is that you state that your friend wanted to keep her baby. If we are truly a Pro Choice nation why do we talk women out of keeping their babies? Women who want to keep their babies should be offered support from their families and friends. Women deserve better than to be told that they should abort in order to be more financially stable or get through school. Women facing unplanned pregnancies can be extremely stressed out and vulnerable. Aborting a baby is not something that should be taken as lightly as it is in our society.

I'm two ways on this one, done fast enough, while this "life" is really an amoeba, I feel its an option, mind you a last resort, not meant for "birth control"
if however one leaves this too late, that AMEOBA is now a child, live with it if you can.
My friend recently had an abortion 23 weeks in, well tried to, because her MAN wasn't interested, then she got cold feet, went to the hospital and asked them to remove the seaweed sticks thee abortion clinic had inserted to dialate her.
24 hours she went into labour because of the seaweed sticks anyways, the baby lived a moment and dies, she had to bury this child. and has to live with it, how she gets mat leave and trauma leave from work I have no idea. I will not pamper her greif or her self blame. AGAIN something she must live with. If you are going to do this, you make a decision fast, and follow threw, why that baby had to see the light of day only to have it fade ayaw because of her games I dont know. Anyways, Your friend did what she thought she needed to, if it haunts her later this is her burden to bare not yours. Just take it as a life lesson to yourself. make sure!!!

I would personally never have one because I know the mental and physical problems that come along with it. But I'm not going to say that it's wrong for someone else. I know good honest Christians that think abortion is wrong but will go down to the vet clinic and have their calf pulled prematurely (basically cow abortion). A persons life is no more important than any other life. So why care about human abortion and not calf abortion?

Just a question,

Would every woman who supports abortion be willing to sit through a day of abortions including viewing them thoroughly through a sonogram as they are done and WATCH exactly how the doctor does them INCLUDING what is expelled?

Would anyone have an objection to doing this?

Would anyone who supports abortion have any objection to watching abortions at ALL stages of gestation, INCLUDING the partial birth abortion where the child is "terminated" at 8-9 months along?

Just a thought.

Lets be honest

There is a BIG difference between supporting abortion and supporting a woman's choice. I would never get one myself or recommend someone get one but if someone decides to get one that is there choice and they should have that choice. I think after a certain time in a pregnancy they shouldn't be allowed to be performed. And I have seen all different kinds of a abortion mostly by clicking on the wrong thing on youtube or else where but yes I've seen them. I support choice and I don't think anyone should be mad to feel worst then they probably already do.