Hi Texgranny,
I see you had 3 of your parathyroid glands removed as did I. Is your calcium normal now? Unfortunately I also had Dr. Norman do my surgery about 9 months ago and my calcium levels are still elevated and no one can figure out why..had tons of follow up blood work and other battery of tests with no answer...although I do feel better than I did before the surgery. BTW, I think Dr. Norman and his staff are awesome!

nicole.s. wrote:

haphap wrote:

satkinsa1 wrote:

I live in Michigan and I have been diagnosed with Hyperparathyroidism. I chose Dr. Peter Czako, M.D. Royal Oak, Michigan has anyone out there had surgery for this disease by this Doctor.

Dear Satkinsa1, I am curious if you had Dr czako perform your parathyroid surgery? He performed one of my parathryouf surgeries and I am hopeful yours was successful. What was your experience? I felt he was very capable of endocrine surgery.

can you give me more information on your experience with him? I might be going to him.

I need a surgeon in the Nashville area. Can't find any info.

I was diagnosed with Hyperparathyroidism a few years ago.  My family doctor made an appointment for me with the Eskind Center at Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tn.  I saw Dr. Jeffrey Boord.  He referred me to surgeon, Dr Carmen Solorzano at the center.  I had my surgery four days ago.  I am home and doing great except for the tingling in hands, fingers some in my face, to be expected.  I was prescribed Vitamin D3, and tums.  My sister had the parathyroid surgery last June by Dr. Carmen Solorzano and had a quick recovery.  She has no complications.  The Eskind Center is a great place

Very interesting testimony! My 15 year old son is going through what you have been through. Could we chat via email. As a very concerned mother, I have lots of questions. Thank you

***post is edited by moderator *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

If you find one local in TN would you please Emai me.

I am scheduled for parathyroid surgery by Dr. Czako. His office staff confirms he does about 5 per week. How did your surgery go? Cured? Complications? Thank you.

Frustratedone, your situation sound so much like mine. except I am from MS with a very hesitant husband who insists the Norman Clinic is a hoax. He does not believe they can do the surgery that fast. Hopefully your post will give my research on the. Some credibility! Debbie in MS

Wish I was in MS. Since it would be closer to FL. I am going to look in St. Louis as we are 1.5 hr. away and can drive. I am terrified of airplanes and heights but I may have to go to FL. Maybe there is a pill that can knock me out for the trip, lol. I appreciate the long post about Dr. Norman, which I agree with 100%. I spend hours on that website reading. I recently had an OP with the big long opening, took out half of thyroid because of 2 nodules (benighn) left the 2 enlarged parathyroids, calcium back up to 11.2 now. Was inexperienced even tho he is an endocrine Dr/ surgeon. So I had an operation/ with 0 success. PLEASE seek a Dr that does MIRP. Don't go through 2 or more operations to solve the problem.

Did you find a dr in Jackson Ms to treat your hypo parathyroid?

Did you ever find a surgeon? I am also in the Nashville area and need to find an experienced one as well!