Hello, my daughter is 17 and has had constant headaches for over a year now. Started in May of '08. Went to the doctor and she said she was probably depressed and gave her some Naproxen. That didn't work a bit (and she was a little offended that she accused her of being depressed!) so then after a few months she went back to the doctor, and she gave her some migraine medicine which didn't work. She has another appointment on Sept 8 and if this doctor still does nothing, we are going to a new one. Sick of her not doing anything!! My poor daughter is in constant agony from the headaches. They are throbbing and are constantly there--even when she wakes up. Excedrin extra strength seems to control them, but they're never really gone. Went to the eye doctor, got a new prescription, and he said that it didn't sound like it was related to her eyes. Plus, I don't know if it's related, but she has had her period for 5 years and is still not regular. Recently she went from April-August without a period. Gets very crampy, too. And no, she isn't pregnant... I mean, obviously since it's been over a year...

Any ideas?? We're pretty much desperate!!

Hi there, depression can cause headaches so I just thought you might want to be aware of that. That is probably why the doctor suggested that. It sounds like the doctor's not very helpful though. Why don't you try going to a different doctor? It might be a good idea. Let me know what you think.