Thank you for sharing this online. I am 15, and I have been having these issues for years. Only in the past three months has is become severe. I'm just glad to find ways to look to diagnosis it.

Ohh my im going through the EXACT same thing as you and i worry myself sick all the time about it! Ive tried researching EVERYWHERE about it and am soooo scared, its like a constant panick attack i need help!!! Seriously do! X

I have the exact same issue......it's so weird because I thought I was the only one. I feel your pain.

Your absolutely NOT alone with this. I have the same thing & it is exhausting... Now, my biggest concern is my 15 year old daughter suffers with it. There is no worse feeling than not being able to breathe! The last couple days its been acting up, today being more irritating.
I hope we all find relief and there is a cure for this crappy.

Wow it's crazy I finally found people like me out there! I used to have this unique breathing problem when I was younger wheeee I would take deep breaths, usually a yawn helped me do it. And it felt so good and right and true to get that nice huge breath. And that was it it didn't happen too much and it didn't take but two tries usually just the one. 

Lately though like the past two weeks or so, I've been feeling like I'm gonna die. I try to grab that breath and it almost feels like I'm breathing in nothing at all. I'll breath in deep and nothing, so I breathe out and back in and again and again. Usually when I get it it will be right at the last possible opportunity of the breath and my head will shake a little bit from how much I'm trying to inhale.

sh*t it feels like my lungs are deflated or ARE deflating instead of inflating with air. But schoolteacher started collee at the beginning of the stead so that might of triggered this whole episode and now I'm just freaking myself out about the breathing and thaTD probably making it worse. Can't someone do a study on people like us? Blaaaa

Oh last thing. We all love our saviors, the yawns. But since my breathing got jacked up bad lately my yawns are weak. I'll feel a yawn coming on or start to yawn and it'll be so easy to lose it! I'd say of all the yawns I start I probably only actually yawn like 13% of them :(

someone tell me something that'll help comfort me!!!!

I was the same way the only way to get the deep breath I needed was to yawn. My doctor told me I suffer from anxiety. So now I am mindful about not to get myself stressed over every little thing. So far this has helped and I've only had 2 episodes since July. Many people have also suggested Yoga, I haven't tried Yoga yet

I am very young, just 14 years old and I suffer from this exact thing. I have trouble taking a full, satisfying breath of air without sitting up or twisting around to really open up my airways completely. I have a hard time going upstairs without being out of breath and I have to take a breather after walking down them too. I am completely healthy (around 114
pounds), although I don't eat much meat or drink much milk. I make sure to have a calcium vitamin once a day and also a few other vitamins. My back is sore from straining to take a breath and it is just horrible training to be a lifeguard when you have to stop to take a breath after only 3 laps. I don't know if I have asthma but I do know I have troubles breathing. Help?!

I have had this problem on and off for as long as I can remember but wonder about something.....yesterday I did a lot of snow shoveling....two hrs. or it nonstop and I am wondering if maybe that is the cause because ever since I finished...I have not been able to stop the catch a breath/yawn thing......

I am laying here with this issue. I have had it for about six years. Trying to get enough air when i try to breath. I notice that I have to open my mouth for a couple seconds to get enough. I did go to an ER once and sat for a couple hours until a man who had been there before me said “you need help, you go next” I was doing it in the doctors cubicle and the doctor said it might be algeries or a mild case of ashma. I was thinking COPD. But now I think it’s just from my severe anxiety. I have panic attacks too. I’ve been on Klonopin for 20 years and recently trraveled and forgot my medications. I begged a pharmacy to give me a seven day supply, the length of time I would be gone. The minute I had forgetten the Klonopin, I started breathing like that. Couldn’t get enough air. I finally got seven days worth from walgreens. A was a day without it and couldn’t believe how bad my anxiety was until I didn’t have medicine. So with this experience, I feel it is from anxiety that might lead to panic. The medication I could not function without. Just some food for thought.

SO pleased to read about everyone's experiences - so similar to mine. I'm 45 and have experienced this on and off all my life, but in recent years it became bad enough for me to see a doctor who referred me to a lung specialist. Asthma tested negative and my lungs are clear.  I guess it's anxiety and I'll just have to manage it!  The whole yawn thing as a young person I remember vividly - and trying to over-breathe the yawns now, etc.  Thanks everyone for sharing. I don't enjoy it, but it is very reassuring to know I'm not crazy or dying. I have a young daughter so want to be around a good while yet!

i too have had the same problems for four years. mine started all after my son was born. I went a whole year not knowing how to treat it.my doctor was clueless so i just gave up going to her. I went to a neurologist and had a ct and mri that was fine. went to the pulmonoligist and she said i had asthma that might have something to do with. i went to the psychriast he said probably anxitity gave me some small doses of xanax that seems to help a lot. i went to a endo. and she said i had "blood sugar issues" sighns of early diabetes which i guess i have to agree with the blood sugar topic. my ob said i also have pcos which i honstley think that does make my situation worse? I do have to say that over the years it seems to be better or even i just have gotten use to it? i manage mine with allergy medicine, anxity meds. and posture (my scolosis might also play a factor too due to having issues standing straight) . i still have issues time to time but i guess since i know how to manage it its not as bad, but i still want to know what the name of the condition i have and no one can give me a clear answer because either i got stupid doctors or they just don't know how to handle me? i'm contiplating about making an appoiment at mayo clinic here in jax.

I've had this since I was a kid. 

I'm now 65 and basically healthy as a horse. It comes and goes with the weather and stress. Exercise helps. I was recently diagnosed with migraine variant and prescribed a beta blocker. I've decided to try it to see if it helps with the lightheadedness and extreme motion sickness which I've having lately.

I have the same problem, sometimes i seem to get a satisfying breath and on other times I really just cant get a full satisfying breath. Its really irritating after you try to get that deep breath but just cant. Also sometimes I just plain think im gonna die. I have also noticed that as soon as I wake up, I seem to be able to breath perfectly for the first 30 minutes but then its back to the same routine where I struggle to get a satisfying breath. I believe that what caused this breathing problem was a 600 situp session, which was something i had never done before where I had that mindset to never quit and pushed my body to its limit which lead to this breathing problem. The day after that 600 sit ups session, my throat felt dry and i was speaking with a cracked voice. As somebody described it, I also need to position my body vertically  to achieve that satisfying yawn or deep breath. What sucks the most is that this need to get a deep breath doesnt let me go to sleep at night and i have to stay up untill about 5 a.m so that my drowsiness can overcome this need to take a deep breath. This need to take a deep breath is still there but my drowsiness seems to somehow overcome it when you havent slept for so long.

Also, when it gets really I cant get that satisfying feeling after you yawn.

Also, when it gets really bad I cant get that satisfying feeling after you yawn.