I'm 17..but I don't have stress..I was perfectly fine then one day I just had an issue with breathing. And I had to take deep breathes and its been 5 days now and this never happened to me..I hope you can find something positive and that you will feel better.

Blaming this condition on anxiety is pure BS. Human's have a real knack for making sh*t up when they don't know what they're dealing with. We've been doing exactly that for most of our existence. Why not blame an angry god, such as Zul? Zul has as much to do with this condition as anxiety.

The actual cause is some sort of cardiac insufficiency. It's probably related to some for of cardiomyopathy. Unfortunately, cardiologists seem to know little or nothing about it, probably because there aren't enough symptomatic people for them to have taken notice and studied the condition.

First I am not a doctor! I have just gone through this myself and found some interesting research I want to share, and how i got over this. If you are having severe breathing problems always consult a doctor but if you have gone to a doctor and nothing comes up this may help you

I did make it go away by fighting the urge but I was eager to do more research into this I’m am so excited to come on here and give this explanation as to what I found, being this was something I dealt with for 3 longs months. There is an answer as to why we have had or for some of us still have this urge to take these deep breaths. We also have had or for some of us still have this want for a “satisfying breath”. This satisfying breath as most can only describe as being achieved by either a deep sigh or a yawn and due to this everyone experiencing this wants to sigh all the time or yawn. When we sigh we get that satisfying breath and want to repeat them back to back but we can’t and assume something is wrong medically or that we cant breath. The reason you can’t get these satisfying breaths back to back is because these satisfying breaths are just long sighs and YOU CANT sigh back to back. Its impossible. Sighing is more then just a sign of anxiety, stress or even depression, sighing is a reflex controlled by your brain that’s an essential task to survival.
We UNKNOWINGLY sigh every 5 minutes. Our brain has cluster of neurons that contain receptors that trigger our breathing behavior, these neurons contain peptides that send a signal to our body to produce sighs. Sighing is a reflex that our life depends on. When we sigh we re-inflate tiny sacs in our lungs called alveioli. These alveioli control the bodys oxygen flow. These sacs deflate over time and our brain sends a signal for our body to sigh to inflate these sacs and expand the lungs. This signal is sent about every 5 minutes or 12 times every hour. Once you sigh and your lungs expand and your alveoli sacs are filled YOU CAN NOT take another Sigh or “deep breath” once your lungs are expanded. This is why someone may feel like they cant get good deep satisfying breaths back to back, because its impossible. However I can almost bet that if you waited 5 or more minutes you would be able to get another one of those “satisfying breaths” you can actually get one of these breaths 12 times within an hour. So in fact your breathing is 100% perfect and your lungs are nice and filled with air when you cant get these deep breaths. Your not supposed to. Take a deep sigh and your will feel relieved try to do it back to back and soon youll be hyperventilating, wait 5,6,7 minutes and try again. BAM success.
So theres no need to worry, once you stop paying attention to your breath and obsessing over those deep satisfying breaths IT WILL GO AWAY. Your body will breath how it needs to and your brain will send signals to sigh when you NEED to.
Now a quick note on the anxiety aspect of this. There is no surprise that anxiety is often diagnosed when someone feels this or someone may be taking anxiety pills. This is because when we are anxious, stressed, or depressed we SIGH MORE. We have an URGE to sigh more. This is not yet known why we sigh more when we have anxiety but its related to the signals our brain sends our breathing center. So now when were anxious we want to sigh back to back and our bodies can not physically handle that much air. So when you anxious your going to try to take deep breaths or sigh back to back and you wont be able to so your going to think you cant breathe and you may panic and then you find our self on anxiety medicine. The reason doctors are quick to give anxiety medicine is because it will relax the nervous system which will slow down the response in your brain which then will slow down your urge to sigh and will slowly allow your body to breath/sigh a little more naturally. HOWEVER not everyone but in most cases you can do this yourself WITHOUT medicine. Just know that when you can’t take those deep breaths nothing is wrong! There is nothing to worry about (unless you have asthma and really can’t take deep breaths). You can only truly get those breaths 12 times within an hour don’t try to push more, you don’t need it. Just keep that in mind and relax, STOP focusing on your breath and once you get a good deep sigh fight the urge that’s going to immediately come next for another one, fight the urge, it will be hard but it will be your cure. Just tell yourself as hard as you try and give in you will not get that breath because your lungs are already expanded just fight the urge relax and listen to your body which will cue you when you need to sigh again, eventually the urge will loose its power and your body will do it unconsciously.
I am proof it goes away. It took 12 weeks, but IT IS GONE! !!! I know how scary it can be but YOU WILL GET PAST IT!

LET ME ADD
I went to two doctors
An Internist
A holistic doctor &
A cardiologist

All who found nothing wrong. Until I realized It was me. Then it went away.

Wow this just described me exactly! Thank you! My anti anxiety really helps

I have this to! Right now it's so bad (hence me googling my symtoms). My chest feels very tight I always say it feels as though my lungs aren't working properly and I can't catch a breath. Until I have a very deep breath I don't feel like I have enough air, and sometimes I can't get a deep breath it feels so restricting. I had a heart scan the other week that's about it haven't heard anything so I'm guessing everything came back fine. I am on propranolol medication for anxiety but I've had this problem for ages now. I've been wondering whether it's asthma or something to do with my lungs? On few occasions it has left me with a few years rolling down my face because of how awful it feelseems, sometimes as bad as being suffocated. I can't bare it anymore and the doctor doesn't seem to know :(

have you tried acupuncture? I have the same thing that just started about 3 weeks ago and I heard acupuncture works.

Hi, just wondered if you've found a solution for this problem yet?

I just started having these issues myself a week ago. I use to play a lot of ball and now I have been working second shift for the past 4 years I don't get to play as often. I played a all day tournament a week ago and the next morning I could not breath the best. I thought it was from playing so hard. But 9 days later I am having the same problems. Its a scary filling to have. I always fill like I need that deep breath or need to yawn to get it. I have also noticed if I get busy and forget about it, its like its not there. But as soon as I thank about it I have issues. Now with this being said I am a smoker and trying to stop. With this symptom I have been able to get up in the mornings and not smoke and will not have any issues at all. Again I do believe its anxiety.

Hi, I am 27, and am going through this problem for sometime now. I too went through a lot of test and nothing came out. I went googling to find out some concrete cause, but did not find any. However I have noticed that there are a large number of people having this problem. Your explanation on Panic Disorder sounds more convincing than other posts that I have gone through. If you have found a cure or anything that has made the situation better please let me know. Thanks.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hello, I'm 21 years old and I've started having this problem as well four days ago. I've had really bad panic attacks in the first 2 days and now I can't get enough sleep because whenever I try to fall asleep it's like my body forgets to breathe by itself and I have to wake up and gasp for air. Does anyone know what it might mean? Is this still anxiety? I never had any problems with anxiety before but I have to admit I have been a bit stressed out over these last couple of months.

I know exactly what all of you are going through! I have had all of theses symptoms and have suffered from anxiety for many years. I have the most perfect solution that requires no medications at all! Anytime you start to feel any of your symptoms coming on just pick up your phone, all it takes is a simple Tetris download. When you play the games it put your mind in a completely different place and your more focused on that instead of your breathing. Trust me it works! Thank me later guys!!! Lol.....

what does that have to do with it

breathe through your nose, do the deep breathes through your nose. it will help. i suffered with the same problem and this has worked for me.

I had the same problem and got rid of it with barbara o'neill's two week untifungal diet.