Sounds like me.
I have severe generalized anxiety disorder, "which is pretty much just having constant anxiety everyday all day, even if you don't notice it.
And i also have the occasional panic attack, where I feel different sensations in my body and then start to really fear something terrible is going to happen to me and i will die.
I usually get light headed when i have those and just kinda feel like I'm Hi. I just don't feel normal.
They say its cuz we take so many extra breaths we hyperventilate.
Then you're focused on the panic which just keeps the cycle going.
I stopped meds about 2 years ago but its affecting my day to day life and making me really depressed lately, so I asked my Dr for a med that worked for both anxiety and depression.
I'm hoping it helps I can't live like this anymore!
In the mean time until you find a treatment plan, you could take a half a benadryl or so to relieve some of the anxiety, as the antihistamine will calm you down.
Good luck!
I feel like anxiety will be the death of me one day soon, and I'm only 28 so far!
Anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, and panic disorder are horrible things have!

Wow, thanks for your input! You described exactly how i feel (sore back, dizziness, fast heartbeat) those were some symptoms i didnt see others post. I will be researching hyperventilation thanks to you

Im 19 and ive been taking deep breaths almost every minute of the day , it feels like it gets better only when i lay on my back but then if i lay on my back my throat feels irritated by my little beard . And ive been taking hydrozoline for anxiety and it helps a little but not really . Any answers of whats going on ?

I have this too, I am getting a work-up but any resolution?

which doc did u consult?

Hi, you nailed it. A few years ago I would get these attacks where I couldn't catch my breath and I thought I was gonna die. I'd be freaking out. It took some reading up on it, internet mostly. I did the inhaler for a while but eventually realized it was just in my head. I started to tell myself to just breath. If I felt the urge to constantly take deep breaths i would force myself not to. I would focus on something else and eventually would forget about the need to take a breath. Unless you have a physical condition that upsets your normal breathing pattern, I found that it's mostly in my mind. I still will have a flare up every now and then especially when one of my ears clogs up. The imbalance feels weird and I want to keep taking a deep breath to fix it. Again, I just have to talk myself off the ledge and focus on something else. Just remember to keep breathing (your body knows how to do this without much input from us) and hold off taking that deep breath for as long as you can and your body should get back to normal. Hope this helps.

I used to have this for YEARS. I tried basically everything - exercising, clean eating (even turned vegetarian), calm breathing exercises etc etc. Nothing worked.

Until now.

I've never had problems falling asleep and I am typically not an nervous person, quite calm actually. However, working in sales, my days can be quite hectic and I used to have this kind of "air need" on a daily basis. Sometimes during the day it would temporarily go away, then come back. But I always had it in the evening when I got home. I never understood why I had it and it got even more frustrating as I was trying everything I could to make it go away. Especially when months turns into years of having this.

Until I started taking a cold shower every morning for 5 minutes.

Suddenly, the need to take deep breaths just.. vanished. And then I started to think about why. What happens with your breathing when you expose yourself to cold water? Your breathing gets faster, heavier and after 5 minutes of cold water, you don't have to worry about oxygen levels in your body. After my morning shower, I am calm and my whole body is at ease and it stays like that for the rest of the day. I've even tried NOT taking a cold shower and then my "air need" comes back more easily. Also, the disappearance of shortness of breath is just one out of many benefits I've discovered by simply enduring a (horrible, but fun) 5 minute cold shower in the morning. Trust me, you're going to be surprised.

I hope this helps someone out there. It sure saved me.

What is the medical reason for not getting enough oxygen!!!!!!!!!

I had the same years ago. 1st ER visit Dr suggested anxiety/panic attack. Next episode ER Dr diagnosed me with GERD (GASTRO ESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISORDER). He prescribed me an antacid med and the problem went away. Apparently, the acid from your stomach will come back up through the esophagus, this can cause you to feel like you cannot breath.

I go through this also and what helps me deal with it is when i feel it hard to catch my breath i take 5 or 6 deep breathes in through my nose and hold it in for 5 or 6 seconds then slowly release through my mouth slowly do that a few times and you will see that it helps a lot....... hope this helps you like it does me and also forgot to mention i have anxiety also had it for years since i was 16 and I'm 30 now male

I no its hard to deal with but I'm going through the exact same thing you are going through but there is hope the worst thing you can do is give up and stay on your meds they can only help i take buspar 5mg 3 times a day it does wonders for me maybe try it..... i hope you feel better but please understand there are tons of people going through what we are gong through everyday......STAY STRONG/// THINK POSITIVE ..... i have been going through this since i was 16 and now I'm 30 male long battel but have to continue to fight stay strong my friend and god bless you....... msg me back if this helps you

Hello, how long did this last for you until you were able to get it under control? I have been dealing with this for 5 Months. I’ve had all the tests run indicating that nothing is physically wrong with me, therefore I was told it’s anxiety. I’m having a hard time accepting this, which is making things worse.

Did yours just come on all of a sudden? Mine started out of the blue when I was 7 Months pregnant. Since then I have become very fixated on it, which makes the problem worse.

I would appreciate any input you have.

Thanks

Your post is the most accurate I have found in the internet, about how I feel.
Does smelling strong smells make it worse?

it could be asthma...which is linked to chlamydial and mycoplasma pneumoniae .. treated with doxycycline

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

it could also be babesia ... a co infection of lyme

what investigations have you had?

Ok so I've been having Anxiety attacks for 5 months. Its like off and on. Then I started breathing deeply and yawning constantly.