I am desperate for answers. I have felt sick since February. I went to the E.R. the weekend of Valentines Day with extreme upset stomach and dehydration. I seen a surgeon who told me to come in to the hospital the next morning for a upper G.I. He thought there might be an ulcer or the result of taking too much ibuprofen. I had it done and went back a week later for a follow up to see what the results of the biopsy were. He found nothing. About 2 weeks later I was still feeling miserable so I made an appointment to have them do a scan of my gall bladder. 2 days later I found out that my gall bladder was only functioning 11% and the next day I was in surgery. They didn't know until the got in to take it out that it was full of stones and scar tissue. I just couldn't wait to feel better. I thought that was the answer to my problems. Well, the 12th of this month it will be 3 months and I am still sick. Could they have possibly missed a stone? Every now then I feel good but those days are few and far between. My classmate told me that she had hers removed and a year later they finally found out was still causing her pain. They put her on a medication that binds with the bile. Two days after taking it she was fine. I don't know if that's part of the reason I'm sick to my stomach or what. I would like to try it but unfortunately can't afford the prescription. I have had digestive problems for years but up until Feb. I wasn't sick to my stomach. I am on a low fat, no fat diet and I'm real careful to watch what I eat. I'm at a loss for any ideas. Are there any natural things I could take that would do the same thing as the prescription? Of course it's not on the $4 list at Wal-Mart. I didn't expect it to be. It's called cholestyramine. I ask that only because of the fact I have high sensitivity to any kind of med. Even over the counter, dramamine, children's benadryl, things like that knock me out cold. Unless there is a different generic for it that does the same thing. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, give me your ideas and thoughts on this. I'm at the end of my rope and I am not enjoying life like this.5

I feel for you. I had my gall bladder removed in E.R. 4 years ago, stomach has never been the same,severe pain and sickness. My doctor prescribed Cholestid to bind bile, after year and a half i am off the Cholestid and doing better. You might only need to take it for a year or less. It might be less expensive than cholesteyramine. It worked for me. I had to move back in with parents, couldnt work but am able to now. I hope you can find the answers.