I am suffering from Meniere's disease and I need advice on how to cope with more recurrent attacks. I have been having from 3-5 per week, more so now than in my two years since diagnosis. I follow a low sodium diet, take meds, and keep stress low, etc, but these attacks still happen. I am a big healthy guy normally, but I hate to say this is wearing me down. It never fails that I have these either before I am supposed to be at work, or at work. How do you all find the strength to cope from day to day with this? I need some advice.

Sorry you are having such a bad time. I too have been having a really bad time for about 5 months or so, because of Meniere's disease. It does get you down, but I have tried to learn to make the most of the good days. Is it possible to take some time off work? I had to resign, but I think that has probably helped me out somewhat. I am experiencing vertigo attacks sometimes for more than hour and I was unable to perform activities normal.

copes wrote:

My mother and one of her sisters had Meniere's Disease over 50 years ago. I would come home and find her on the bathroom floor throwing up and too dizzy to move. They tried numerous things, but none worked. I started having the problem in my 40's and was taken by ambulance numerous times from work (symptoms like heart problem). About 15 years ago, my niece also developed it and her doctor had a doctor friend who discovered accidently that the side affects of Elavil (amatriptlelyne sp?) actually kept it under control and it was working for her. I got my doctor to prescribe it for me (actually an anti-depressant) and it has worked until recently. I talked to my niece again and she said her dr puts her on a different anti-depressant about every two years because the body gets used to it and it quits working, so, my doctor just changed mine to prozac. My symptons haven't been as bad as they used to be, but needed to try. This change just happened, so not sure what the results will be.