Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I would like to find out answer on question- Is there such a thing as cosmetic surgery addiction?
Just recently I have met this beautiful woman which was my neighbor
for some time and I can't describe how good she looks. She was in her late 30s but the told me that she had three or four cosmetic operations. She had corrected the appearance of her nose, cheeks, and ears and had one liposuction. I couldn’t understand why she was doing that because she was simply gorgeous. She even talked about her future plans and how she was hopping soon to have breast lifting operation and then- I realized that she’s really addicted on it.
Could this be some form of addiction?

I have often asked my self a same question- why do people have all these operations when definitely- they don’t need it. It was a mystery for me but then I have heard about this disorder called Body Dimorphic Disorder (BDD).
What’s the most important thing you should know about this disease- it is about excessive seeking for professional medical help and going to plastic surgeons to correct almost all aspects of ones appearance.
So, the answer to your question is yes- thing as cosmetic surgery addiction really exists and people who suffer from this addiction continually change their appearance though surgeries such as rhinoplasty, liposuction, cheek implants, breast implants, face lifts, or even skin-color changes. I believe I have read that it can be cured through psychological evaluation and sessions.