My butt has never been one of my better features. Right now, it's looking like two sad old deflated plastic bags. If you think that doesn't sound very sexy, you'd be right. My thighs, on the other hand? Since entering my 30s a switch got flicked that kind of inflated them.

I'm just musing here, not yet serious. (I did have rhinoplasty done so I am not a total stranger to plastic surgery.) Still, pretty interested in learning more. Would a Brazilian butt lift technically be a good option for me in this situation? Has anyone here had it done, and if you have would you mind chatting about Brazilian butt lifts a bit?

You actually sound like quite the perfect candidate for a Brazilian butt lift! They'd typically not just take fat grafts from your thigh area though, but usually two to three different areas of the body are liposuctioned because this ensures that your doc gets the best quality fat and enough of it to inject back into your buttocks. Do be very diligent about researching surgeons if you end up going for this. Not everyone uses the same technique and not everyone is good enough. This is a procedure worth traveling for to pick the right surgeon. Also, results don't actually last forever, another thing to be aware of.

I think the idea is absolutely brill!!! I have seen the before/after photos as well and it does look very impressive. If I weren't scared of surgery and it wasn't so expensive, I'd have a good think about that one myself. It would be great if they could do something like that for the boobs too, right??? So the deal is you get lipo and a butt lift in one go. Make the too big bits smaller and the too small bits bigger. Sounds perfect! And 'cause it's your own fat and not some nasty silicone implant that can look like a mess and rupture and stuff, there's another big win. Yeah, if you got the money and really want it, I say power to you girl!!!

Ah, and by the way, I looked up how long the results of a Brazillian butt lift were meant to last 'cause someone mentioned it isn't permanent. What I read, as long as you've got an A class surgeon doing it for you, the fat gets vascularised, and you don't go through severe weight yoyoing, the results should actually be permanent. Considering the price tag it better be too, LOL. Really, this surgery sounds pretty ideal and I'd like a bum like Kim K too. Shame it's so invasive and expensive.

Thanks. I love the thought myself and it is good to hear that the results can remain permanent if the surgeon is good. I wonder what this depends on, whether the fat grafts become vascularized or not? And if not, the fat essentially simply gets reabsorbed by the body, correct? I'm just toying though. I'd love to get a Brazilian butt lift for sure, but the cost is around $13,000 (that's US dollars, don't know about elsewhere though). Precisely because it is a difficult surgery that requires great expertise, I am not exactly about to trot off to Mexico or Venezuela or some place where I don't speak the language and don't know enough about quality control, you know? There are a lot of botched butt ops out there. I don't want to become a victim of one.

Celebrity

This is where I get boring. Yes, auto-fat grafts are certainly preferable to implants of any kind, and I can indeed understand why someone would want lipo. But it's crazy, really, if you think about it. For every person seeking to make their butt bigger, there's another who wants the opposite. For every person who wants a smaller nose, there's another who wants a bigger nose. For every person who wants lighter skin, there's another who wants darker skin.

Of course I dislike the dark circles under my eyes as much as the next person, and will try to fix issues. But surgery? Do you really want that? I'd really think about that if I were you. So much can go wrong.

Rosie

Some risks specific to butt lift surgery with fat grafts from your own body:

• Necrosis where the fat dies.
  • Stretch marks
  • Cellulite
  • Fat embolism, which is scary stuff
  • Asymmetrical results
  • Not to mention deep vein thrombosis and blood clots and all that other stuff that goes along with any kind of operation sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why someone might want this. I just think the risks should be looked at more closely than I suspect many people undergoing this and other cosmetic surgeries actually do. A lot can go wrong. Provider qualification of course reduces the risk, but things can still go wrong.

You know what is funny? There is also a workout program called "Brazilian butt lift" and if you look for reviews of the surgery to find out what people's experiences generally are, this is all that comes up. Is it weird that I was interested in finding out more about plastic surgery to now wonder if similar results could be achieved with working out alone?

Well if it is weird, that is where I am at anyway. Working out is clearly much less risky and a lot cheaper as well, compared to plastic surgery for butt augmentation. Do members here know anything about this butt lift workout program?

Individuals generally ask for a Brazilian butt lift because they feel their backside isn't round enough or it is too flat. The butt lift treatment is done by a cosmetic surgeon or board certified plastic surgeon who eliminates excess fat from another part of the body and places it in the buttocks to create the appearance of a more shapely back end.

Yeah, though I gotta say I do wonder how it lasts over time, and what the results are like for the average person who doesn't have an A class surgeon you know? I don't know. It seems like a great idea when you see the pictures but I wonder whether most people are happy with the results, you know, if you get it done in Thailand or something. Also what happens when big bums go out of fashion? Can these people who had Brazilian Butt Lifts just get that fat sucked out again and go back to a flatter bum, or will they look odd?

I would never get a Brazilian butt lift. it. I'm scared of needles, and it might be painful. And why would you want a big butt? I don't like big butts. Also every time you sit you would probably feel like you're sitting on balloons.

I think Brazilian butt lifts are weird. It's weird having your butt bigger than your breasts. I don't think you should get it.

I have seen a couple of people who have had it done, and although it is really quite expensive, I must say it looked really good. What they did to this one lady, she had love handles she really hated, and they removed the fat from the love handles and actually put it back into the butt. Now her love handles are gone. Since she had the Butt Lift her butt has gone down a little because it's meant to go down by about 30 percent, it's just what happens. Brazilian butt lifts are sure more natural looking than those nasty implants, and also much less likely to lead to lead to complication. If I would have the money, I'd have it done.