Hello. I'm 19 year old female and I have big problems with my appearance. I'm not so happy with the way I look and I would like to change something. The thing that is troubling me the most is my nose. Not only that my nose is bigger then it normally should, but also I'm not happy with its shape. I have a big bump on the root of my nose, between my eyes and I would like to have it removed as soon as possible. This didn’t bother me before when I was younger but now- it represents a big problem for me.
So, I was thinking about possible nose job and I was hopping that someone of you could help me providing me some information about it.
Thanks!

Hello. I think I could help you with some facts about this surgery although I don’t support you because I think, as young as you are, you don’t need it. Every man is individual on its own way. But i see that you have decided and I will help you.
Rhinoplasty, or surgery to reshape the nose, is one of the most common of all plastic surgery procedures. Rhinoplasty can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence. But you must understand you can't search for perfection. I must tell you that many surgeons prefer not to operate on teenagers until after they've completed their growth.
Rhinoplasty can be performed under local or general anesthesia and it takes an hour or two, though complicated procedures may take longer.
A week after the operation you will see your first objective results.

I am almost 21 years old, and I am considering rhinoplasty. I am sure I want to do it, because I really love my body (everything is perfect, except for my nose). If you are considering a nose job, I would like to share my experience with you. For example did anyone hear anythig about Dr. Norman Markus, Highland Park or Chicago, IL? I think I will chose him as a surgeon. Please don't send me comments like: you should really accept yourself as you are, because that's not the cause. I don't understand why people tend to think that if you want to change sth in your appearance then you're probably depressed, have low selfesteem, or are full of yourself. I am a happy person, have a loving boyfriend, I am doing well in college, I know God loves me and I just want some change (anyway, if people are not to change anything because that's how God made them, why even wear makeup or clothes???? sometimes I think some people should think for themselves instead of blindly following rules even in religions).

Do it!

Go read my posts describing my great experience on page three or so of the "Recommendations about Dr. Kanodia" post.

I waited until my early 30s to get my nose refined, even though it bothered me since my teens. I also had a larger nose than I wanted and I also had a bump -- not right on the bridge between my eyes, but a little lower. I thought it was totally genetic since family members also have similar shapes though not as pronounced as I had, but after my surgery, Dr. Kanodia told me it definitely my nose had been broken before.

I am so happy with it and wish I had done it 10 years earlier, so I say DO IT! Do lots of research to find the right doctor, do NOT bargain shop, pick the best of the best to work on your face even if it costs you more money, follow pre- and post-operation instructions to the letter, and go for it!

Getting my nose refined made me so much more confident and less self conscious about my appearance and profile. Little things are a delight now -- for example (and those of you with normal noses can stop reading now, this will definitely sound silly to you). For example, now when I'm getting my hair cut and the hairdresser has my hair combed forward in my face, I sometime catch my reflection in the mirror and see my cute little nose poking through the curtain of my hair and it makes me feel happy, instead of before when I would see my big nose sticking way out there and would feel self-conscious at its hugeness and ugliness. (See normal-nose people, I told you it would sound silly to you, but those considering rhinoplasty will relate to this kind of thing.)

Good luck!