I am under a lot of stress at work. I have many obligations and short deadlines for them, so I just do not know how to deal with that. My boss is not a very understanding person (he has even more obligations and HIS boss too). Still, I am very nervous, I started crying when I am not at work, I sleep poorly (this further complicates my condition). Could stress induce anxiety? I became afraid for my mental health.

llewellyn wrote:

It seems that accumulated stress at work is causing occurrence of behavior problems. A consultation with a psychologist will help you. You will be taught how to eliminate the stress, how to relax etc. Perhaps he will tell you to start with exercises that is something I do to relieve myself of daily stress. Martial arts three times a week, no better way to release your anger, aggression, stress, nervousness Try it. Leave medications as a last resort.

Llewellyn and Abran,

I couldnt agree with you more Llwellyn!!!! Abran, I work in a pharmacy, ironic I know. Has this depression, crying and sleeplessness just begun recently?

You know, exercises and martial arts, along with possible counseling, teaches how to deal with the every day stresses, which is much better. Because those stresses dont go away just by medicating. Once you learn how to deal with the stress, and the things that "trigger" the stress, then you become stronger. You know how to release those things.

One more question for you. Are you pretty healthy? Have you felt worn down at all? Lost or gained any weight? Have you ever had your thyroid tested? Just a few thoughts. Believe it or not, if you have had some drastic changes in your health or body, sometimes that little "culprit" can cause these things too. BUT DONT FORGET TO TRY WHAT LLEWLLYN suggested too.

I ask because I went through similar things several years ago and found out my thyroid was a little "wacky". It controls SO many of the functioins of our body. Also look on the internet on reputable websites about thyroid, pituitary functions. My thyroid went wacko for a little bit, but then evened back out again.

Also....dont worry about things, "tomorrow has enough to worry about for itself.". Worrying doesnt change the situation, because the situation will go forward no matter what. It wont change anything. Also worry really wrecks havoc on our bodies. Learning how to deal with stress and worry and anxiety keeps us stronger and how to effectively handle things.

Hope this helps. Any questions, please dont hesitate to ask. Many blessings.

Hizgrace