I’m stuck in cross-country training. I would like to stop but it wouldn’t be fair if I do that, because that means leaving friends from my team in the middle of preparation for the race. But it’s so hard and exhausting. I always back home all dirty and covered in mud. I’ve even caught a cold and this sport is not at all as I imagined it. What am I supposed to do?

Get a grip, man! It’s nothing that difficult and impossible. Just continue training and after the race is over, tell your friends that you have a problem and that you can’t continue with this sport. But I just don’t understand how you didn’t know what kind of activity that was. You knew that you would have to run through the mud and ditches and that you could expect rough terrains. But that’s exactly what people find interesting and exciting about this sport. So, I really believe that you can endure the preparation process and this once race. Maybe this is just a little crisis, and maybe you’ll get to like this sport after you’ve run your first race.