Please, tell me are dandruff, seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis the same? I’ve been told that I am having seborrheic dermatitis. I bought medicated shampoo for this. I am not sure what to do because I had dandruff before and I treated it mostly with shampoo. I wasn’t satisfied much. Anyway, I will appreciate some help here or advice. Thanks.

There is a difference, because dandruff appears as scaling on the scalp without redness despite to seborrhea which is excessive oiliness of the skin, especially of the scalp and face, without redness or scaling. You probably had got seborrhea that later developed to seborrheic dermatitis, and seborrheic dermatitis has both redness and scaling. Well, shampoo is ok, but if you aren’t satisfied you can try mild corticosteroid creams and lotions, maybe some anti fungal topical.