I want to buy new cycling headset caps. Can you suggest me some good and durable caps? I’m not too familiar with the materials form which those caps are made, so explain me the difference if there’s any. Can I install these caps on my own or I will have to bring my bike to the service shop? Thanks in advance.

There are several kinds of headset caps and I’d suggest you to get the carbon ones. They’re light and as I’ve noticed, many bicycle parts are made from carbon and I suppose that it’s quite durable and strong material. It’s lighter than aluminum, that’s for sure. A cap weighs only 8 grams. The ones I bought are in bright colors and engraved so that the bike looks more attractive. There are threadless headset caps and they’re primarily for recreational riders. Their price is pretty affordable and it’s about 7 bucks. You can also get matching aluminum screws and personalize your bike. The brand is called Purely Custom, and I don’t know whether they’re famous or not, but I’m very satisfied with their headset caps.