I have a question: how do I measure RPMs and PPMs? I want to start exercising for triathlon and I’ve hear that I can adjust something on my bike and to select high cadences. Can you tell me why it is done and what can be achieved by that? Do I have to have my bike adjusted or somebody else should do that for me?

Hello. I’m not sure how to measure RPMs and PPMs. I can tell you that cyclists choose what cadence is the most comfortable for them. For example, recreational cyclist adjust cadence at 60-80 rpm while racing cyclists adjust it to 80-120 rpm. I’ve also heard that triathletes adjust it to a very high level while they’re finishing their races. I suppose that it’s in order to increase the speed in order to make up for the time loss while switching from running to cycling. I think that there is a device – a cyclocomputer which is used for measuring the cadence. It’s located on the handlebar. I suppose that you can buy it a any sports store.