It’s fall and days are getting colder. It’s not ideal weather for cycling and I have to continue exercising I order not to get rusty. What do you suggest as working out when off the bike? I’m a recreational cyclist but I’d like o keep my routine and be ready when the spring comes. How do you bridge this gap?

There are various ways to fill the void  when the cycling season is over. For example, working out in a gym is one of the best and most common ways. You should get a personal instructor there and have him design the most proper set of exercises for you according to you body constitution, habits and wishes. When the season is over, and your working out starts, you should lift heavier weights with fewer repetition and as the season is approaching, you should switch to lighter weights and more repetitions. First part is for improving your strength and the second part is for muscle definition and getting ready for the upcoming season. You can also try to run or swim in the meantime.

I would agree here with both swimming and "gymming", LOL

Working out will increase your strenght and swimming keep all of your muscles warm until springs comes :)

running?
so what if it's fall... i love jogging in the rain...

Lifiting weights is a great way to bridge the gap between seasons. I like to lift free weights, but that might mot be an option for everyone. Also, many people can be intimidated when it comes to free weights vs machines and not know whic is best. Here is a link to a great article about how to lift and the differeences between the two methods: *** no advertising links ***

I hope this helps,

Irun100s

guess we have to bike in the gym machines