is there any way i can perform a home abortion without pills.. im taking vitamin c hourly as i hear this weakens the bond between the egg and the wall of the uterus.. im just on my 4th or 5th week.. and my period is late by approx 3 days.. i have no way of getting pills or visiting a clinic.. is there anything at all i can try at home..? please please help!

Taking vitamin C will NOT terminate a pregnancy.

Home abortions are highly dangerous, illegal and could cause severe damage to YOU. Women Die this way. It is a highly unreasonable and desperate measure to take, the reality being that you are more likely to injure yourself or Birth a disabled or mentally stunted child.

Please tell me, why can't you get to a clinic? You seem to have good access to the internet and the resources to have taken a home Pregnancy test (I assume you have taken this?) - You dont seem deprived enough to be unable to get medical attention.

You NEED to see a doctor. PLEASE> do not do something stupid and irrational.

UNFORTUNATELY, VIT C abortion has been on the internet and in 'myths' for years...

Vitamin C 'CAN' cause a miscarriage, but it does not happen often.

The "myth" that Vitamin C causes miscarriage hasn't been supported by scientific research, although if it is feasable, the high doses of Vitamin C would have to be consumed in VERY early pregnancy.

It CERTAINLY wouldnt do anything past 4 weeks gestation, as the bond between the fertalized egg and the womb would be too strong by then to be broken down with doses of vitamin C.

Any weakened bond that you did manage to create would only desrease the blood flow and nutrients to the child, resulting in a low birthweight or problems with its development. And birthing a disabled baby is much more difficult than raising a healthy one!

It would give you diarrhea though, as an added bonus. Dont trust rumors circulating the internet. go to a doctor. be mature and sensible in your desicions for the safety of yourself and the pregnancy.

actually it's the ascorbic acid that is in vit c that can cause the body to miscarry but most vit c tabs have rose hips or bioflavoids that counteract the effects that the ascorbic acid have on the body and the tabs that don't have the extra add ons in it usually don't have enough ascorbic acid to actually have an effect.

you can use a substance called Dong Quai, its an herbal remedy that is said when taken at 1000mg every 4 hours will induce miscarriage. If this is the only option they sell this at any GNC in tablets of 550mg. So just take two every four hours and that could do it. But you should take an HPT test just to make sure because if this is taken in access when u are not pregnant it might hurt you.

Ok, I see that this poster entered that question a long time ago, however I figured that someone might Google a question similar and come up with this page. SO!...
Yes. High doses of ascorbic acid has been known to aid in miscarriages up to the 4 week mark or 2 weeks after your missed period. one 500 mg tablet per hour for 5-10 days should be sufficient. Waking up once or twice in the middle of the night to take a tablet should help too. HOWEVER! Make sure that the vitamin C that you are taking does NOT include rosehips or bioflavinoids being as these help PREVENT miscarriage. GNC has a small bottle of vitamin C that has 100 tablets and has no bioflavinoids. It is also an extremely high level of ascorbic acid. I'm not sure if it's pure because I live in Korea and can't read much korean, which is all the back label is. However the only thing in english is vitamin C (as ascorbic acid). I'm sure it would be easier to figure out in your own language.

Another aid in this process is parsley. You can brew this herb as a tea, or even use a branch of it in the vagina close to the cervix. Parsley alone isn't strong enough to interrupt a pregnancy, however it provides the ascorbic acid with some extra "muscle" so to speak. If using parsley IN the vagina, remove most of the stem, and replace the branch 3 times daily and left in over night.

After 5 days of doing this, if your desired result is not achieved, try the chinese herb Dong Quain. It helps the uterus contract.

WARNING: If you have sensitive kidneys, or have/ have had kidney problems, this level of ascorbic acid is not as safe for you as it would be for someone without kidney problems. You should consult a doctor before attempting this. Also, if you have had kidney stones, you have a higher risk of getting them again from the high doses of ascorbic acid. IT IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING HIGH DOSES OF ANY MEDICATION/ VITAMIN.

NOTE:
High levels of vitamin C may reduce your bodies intake of the mineral copper so you may want to take a copper supplement. Also, it may increase your level of iron so if you suffer from iron overload, you may also wish to consult your doctor before taking high levels of vitamin C.

I hope this was helpful and the best of luck to everyone in this unfortunately situation. I feel for you.

I see that the Vitamin C myth has made it's way into this post. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin. What this means is that your body has only so much of an ability to hold certain levels of the vitamin. Once your intake exceed that preset level, the excess will simply be excreted by your kidneys. 1 out of every 4 pregnancies ends in a miscarriage and the "evidence" of the effectiveness of Vitamin C or ascorbic acid in producing a miscarriage is unfounded. New research has proven that these "induced miscarriages" were the result of a non-viable pregnancy. If the pregnancy is not viable it will not be carried to term regardless of whether you do something or not.

**In regards to ANY at home abortion procedure-- these are illegal. Attempting to end a pregnancy at any stage without the supervision and expertise of a licensed physician is illegal and can get you jail time. The best thing you can do for yourself is visit a doctor to get legitimate care**

i dont understand wh y it is illegal when it cannot function with out you and i dont care if it is or not. there is no way i can offord the costs of abortion and i will not get caught by my parents if ever need be. i am in love with the man of my dreams and we are not ready for a kid and i would personally feel worse if it went to become adopted. there are eniugh kids out there without homes because of unprepared people like me.

Actually, Vitamin C (Emergen C for instance) with no Rosehips, no Bioflavins, taking about 10 packs throughout the day does work. I was pregnant and took a test. Immediately following, I began taking the Vitamin C packs and miscarried. It is NOT a rumor but it is risky. Good luck to you.

Dong Quai is also good to take as well as parsley and Black Cohosh.

Its your body, take control of it.

Try using Queen Ann's Lace seed. The oil in the seed prevents the production of progesterone, which in addition to creating a slippery uterus that an egg would have a hard time attaching to, also prevents your uterus from developing a lining that would be suitable for an egg that had already attached. If used in conjunction with something that will encourage your uterus to spasm (i.e. ascorbic acid, parsley) the results have the potential to work in a way that is comparable to mifepristone (RU-486) or other medical abortion products.
It is the oil in the seed which is viable, and not the seed itself so if you eat be sure to chew the hell out of it. I prefer it mostly in a tea, steeped for 15-30 minutes and mixed in with herbs that are more flavorful, being sure to avoid any that contain bioflavinoids. Women have been using Queen Ann's Lace seed for years, google it.

"To not want to be bothered by an unwanted pregnancy is sheer immaturity an and sign you probably have no business in sexual relations to begin with. "

This sentence, to me, shows why you received a low mark for your paper. Your lack of understanding and knowledge may have been improved by a little non-judgemental empathy and research rather than dogma from a single faith alone.

Even with contraception there are occasions of conception. Unplanned, but not carelessly so.

Women considering abortions suffer. They suffer with or without your permission. You do not speak for God. No one has the right to make such haughty presumptions of themselves.

If you care so much about this, I would suggest to you that there are other ways to change things. I always wondered why pro-lifers oppress and emotionally injure those who are weak and unbalanced. Why not adopt the friendly approach? Look at the causes women have for considering abortion and use your obvious intellect (you lack maturity, not intelligence) and position as an educated person to offer creative solutions to these problems. The lack of access to an abortion also causes severe depression and suicide.

If you are Christian (your repeated blasphemy confuses the matter for me) then consider the reaction of Jesus to Mary Magdalene. Her conversion was not gained by cruel words and self righteousness. It seems to me that a true follower of the Christian faith would gain more by following the example of Jesus, than by causing untold and unecessary grief and torment to those already suffering, in the name of a God who never gave you the permission to do so. If you see alternatives, please, please put your energy into the promotion and facilitation of them rather than the villification of those unfortunate people who have not had your own good grace.

The other posters have already noted the only methods I am aware of that work with fewer possibilities of danger. All abortion techniques carry risk as with all pregnancies and births.

Best of luck.

Just to let everyone know that is reading this, YES.....vitamin c can cause a miscarriage/abortion. I know personally because I used this remedy. But you have to be consistent with taking the pills, and it wont work for everyone. For me it seemed just like a period but with a little stronger cramping when the bleeding starts, and maybe a little heavier than normal. I had missed my period by 2 weeks when I tried this and with in 5 days after starting to take (2) 500 mg tablets every 2 hrs. Personally, I felt a little sick at my stomach, and had hot flashes while taking them, but in the long run it worked and was very appreciative of the fact. There is a site that tells all about it and other herbs you can use, but I only used the vit.c, I am sure you can find it by goggling vit.c miscarriage. I took about 6,000-8,000 mg daily. And all others with just an opinion....dont hate...cause personally I dont care what anyone thinks! :-)

Well there are some good replies on here. I hope these remedies work cuz me & my girl will be trying these if she's late. We will be trying everything mentioned on here at once, or as much as we can get our hands on, along with the recommended copper & iron to offset the vit-c problems that megadosing such as this could apparently create. I would venture to guess, that fewer people die or hurt themselves attempting these things than die delivering birth (especially in 3rd world countries). To the vicious poster full of rightious indignation: Whoever said that person was educated... using spellcheck is not a sure sign of an intellegence that's worth a compliment of that magnitude.... I'm not using one..... Quite frankly, medical care including abortions should be free, and yes, doctors should still be paid well.... But it should be free.... The fact that it is not has led a young girl to choose to "take her life into her own hands" and OD on the VIT-C... I hope she aborts with no complications. Do you think the Bible covers every miracle Jesus ever did? It didn't. What if there was a baby that the savior knew would grow up to have such a fate as to be sent to hell for reasons lacking in justice..... do you think he never put his hand on a raped peasant. and performed a few abortions himself? You prolly don't think that... But you sure as hell don't KNOW that. So please don't try to bring him into this....

***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**

Hello, I just recently had my 4th child 4 1/2 months ago and this month my period was one week early and only lasted 2 days. For the next couple of days I slightly spotted but had nausea. I have been showing every sign of pregnancy and I am desperate to abort this. I know it sounds real bad, but I have 4 and I really dont want anymore. My obgyn wouldnt give me a tubal ligation when I gave birth 4 months ago cause my iron was too low and he didnt want to take any chances of me losing too much blood during the procedure. I've been doing research about home abortion remedies and I've noticed the Vitamin C one is the most popular. I Boughta bottle of 100, 150mg chewable tablets with no bioflavonoids or any other additives. I started taking them hourly as of last night, I realy hope this works because I have no means of paying for an abortion. I love children so much, but I am in no position at this time to bring another pme into this crazy world and I'd rather take care of the situation early. If this does not work, then obviously I'll have to go on with it, but I am hoping and praying it works. I dont know exactly how far I am since my period was early and not late. It was on the 13th last month, and on the 6th this month and only 2 days, anyone know how approx how far along that would be???