hey guys im really depressed because of my weight i am 130 puonds i am 12 yrs old and 5 ft. 7 ive been rlly insecure and thats holding me back from doing activities to keep me healthy please help me i have tried so much but ive lost nothing i am rlly depressed and that affecting my whole life i need help please you have no idea how much depression i get.. i want to be skinyy like those girls u see on tumblr... ive been dying to get my legs to be skinny and nice please help what shud i do? please help me.. and please dont give m a simple 'work out more and eat less' i need details.. i really need your help please..

Before you start loosing weight. You MUST remember that you are beautiful for who you are on the inside and not for what you are on the outside. Anyone who says different is stuck-up and self-obsessed.

Firstly, you are NOT fat! If I knew better, I'd think your fishing for compliments!!!

Your BMI is a perfect 20.

You don't need to lose weight, but that doesn't mean you can't get healthier.

• Swimming is great for your legs, arms and abs... even good for hair and skin
  • Walking is great for legs. It's not intense but nice to do with friends.
  • Eat fruits and veggies
  • Eat foods high in vitamin E. This is good for your skin.
  • High protein foods should give you a nice figure and fantastic for your health.

Your at perfect weight already! Just stay fit, eat healthy and you should be fine.

Hey Skinnywanabe,

I can't add to what Toe-knee26 on the advice front. He/she has given you top advice and tips. I just wanted to comment on some of what you've said.

"i am 130 puonds i am 12 yrs old and 5 ft. 7"- You are very tall for your age, so firstly, don't judge your size, height, etc by how your friends look. You sound as if you've had your growth spurt early on. You may have another one in the next couple of years in the midst of full-blown puberty. Over the next few years (and more!) your body is going to be changing a lot, so doing quick fat loss diets, extreme exercise, etc to lose weight is not a good idea and you could end up doing damage or developing unhealthy dieting habits. You're healthy now- stay that way.  

Also your height at such an early age is a model agencies dream! Have you considered this?  

"i want to be skinyy like those girls u see on tumblr"- sweetie, those girls have been (a) airbrushed (b) photoshopped (c) have anorexia/bulimia (d) an unusually fast metabolism....or a, b, c AND d!

Don't judge yourself on what you see on the internet. Don't even judge yourself on the people you see around you. Be you, because you're good enough to be you and people love YOU. Looks, how skinny someone is, how toned and fit their legs are- these matters are trivial in life. They mean absolutely nothing. What matters is that you are honest, that you care about people and you are a good person- these are the things others notice. Not your legs. How you look is not worth your depression. It is not even worth a flutter of your heartbeat.

Good luck, sweetie and I hope you realise soon that you don't need a work out, you just need a little confidence in yourself.

V

thank you sooo much! this helped me be confident! but just one question.. how long wud be a recommended time of walking?

Don't be depressed so much just because of your overweight.I think you should remove this thinking from your mind that you are overweighted. Try to keep dieting in daily basis with simple workout so that you can loose your weight continuously. If you follow this then you can get a perfect shape for your body.

this just... omigod! thank you so much! i actually felt touched when i read every single word of this ♥ i just dont know what to say! and im 12 and i hit puberty.. so ur saying in another yr or two i might get a growth spurt? i had no clue what u said was true im actually surprised my height and weight is considered healthy! omigod thank you so much i dont even know what to say!

thank you that helps just pleanty ♥ and yeah i shud try things to get confident from what pple are saying.. but rlly thanks :) this is just amazing that im getting help from great people :) im so blessed thank you :)

Hi Skinnywanabe,

I'm glad my words helped you.
Yes, in the next few years, you will have another growth spurt. You will be growing until the age of about 18, but the rapid growth spurts usually happen between 10/11 to about 16/17. Your body right now is going through so many changes and will do for a good few years yet! Your weight and height are absolutely healthy; you're 130pounds-that works out at 9stone 2lbs- at a height of 5'7...I'm guessing then that your BMI (body mass index) is around the 18-19 mark. I'm also 5'7 and I know my 'ideal' weight is 9stone 8. I'm a lot older than you and have given birth, so my ideal weight would be slightly heavier than yours.Thus, at 9st 2lb, 5'7 and STILL growing- you are a perfect weight for your height!

I really hope you stop worrying now and get on with being a healthy, happy, confident you.
My best wishes, sweetie. xxx

thank you plenty! i just dont know what to say! this rlly helped me and believe it or not when u told me that i will grow in a couple of years i actually started feeling confident and comfortable in my body! im slowly becoming a happy new me! this rlly helped so much and i have no clue how to repay you i mean wow! u changed the way i feel about myself! thank you soo much!