hello my name is kirsten im 13 and i weigh 165 aqnd im 5'1 will someone pleasae help me im hopeless i have always been bigger but i statred getting over weight when i was 10 and i dont know what to do i just need help to lose the weight my goal is to be 115 but i know it will take a while will someone help me! p.s dont say im to young or any of that bull because its not true!

hi kristen. My I am 21 years old I weigh 214 pounds but I am also 5.9. I have always been tall and big just like you. You still have some growing up to do. I hate to put it like that but I'm not talking to you as an adult, I'm talking to you as a women. in elementary school I was slow doing most sports and I figured it was because of my weight and it was. I got older and went through puberty which has a few extra stages more than what I thought it did. First off I want to say that 115 if you 165 is alot. Your body has its own special weight that it wants to grow into and usually if you start off pretty big its harder to lose weight. but better for you to do it sooner rather then later when you don't have awesome things like P.E. I responded to this because dispite how much I hated P.E I realized that it wasn't nearly the amount of exorcise we are supposed to be getting each day. The fact that you go to school means your already burning calories. Eating healthy is better than dieting. Most ppl think that you should diet and cut off the  fatty foods. but honestly a drastic change in your diet can make you feel really sick. and make it harder for your body to adjust to eating large amounts and burning large amounts of fat that you recieve in your diet. You honestly probably won't round off to your actual weight until you reach about 18. thats just how my body worked. I realized that when I was 13-17 I weighed 165 and 180. continuously losing and gaining weight based on my diet and hormonal changes. there are fruits that help stimulate this however. I dont want to go telling a kid to get dietary or colon clensing pills but vitamins that your dr. approves can help clean the bad stuff out of your system and you'd be surprised how much faster your body loses weight when it can fully digest foods. what ever you do , don't take laxatives or try throwing up. or even cutting the meats out of your diet. The best diet is balanced. The majority of the things that cause you to hold fat are Sodas and things with alot of Sodium AKA salt. if you have alot of salt in your diet try switching to things that don't have that much. eat larger amounts of foods that fill you up with good things that your body needs. and smaller amounts of things that can make you slow. Or feel sluggish like pizzas. The body doesn't digest food well during your sleep so if I were you I'd start mking sure you eat earlier in the day. wake up earlier so your body has more time to process what ever things you have. Drink Plenty of water and Use P.E up like you paid for it. If you find yourself pushing your body harder and harder and all you seem to do is lose 20 pounds or so thats Completely normal. Most people lose 20 pounds of waist when they first start dieting and then find they have a hard time losing more after that. Just keep your body active. Drink enough water with your food.  make sure you drink more water during the day so you don't feel hungry when your tired. Get yourself into a routine of eating. People who stay up late have been proven to be more hungry than ppl who sleep a full nights rest. now that Growing hormonal thing.. I hate to say it but ... that stuffs not bull. I had some medicine given to me that changed my hormones and now I'm a plump juicy water melon. theres nothing wrong with being a fluffy person as long as your just as energized and healthy as the rest of them. Ppl think being fat means your going to die early, have a heart attack and probably a few blood clots due to lack of energy, circulation and all that. but waters the trick to all that. Your heart wants to move more. Work on your breathing all the time as well. that can slow your body down alot more than you think. You shouldn't worry about losing weight right now. you should be worried about just being the best at being Kristen at 13. 

You want to lose weight fast, but before you even embark on your diet, you should figure out your ideal weight. Because you're still growing, you need to compare your weight, height and age to a growth chart to see where you fall. If you do need to lose weight, you should talk with your doctor about how much and how fast you should proceed. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

hey Kirsten ,okay so you don't need a entire life story here,im just going to give you advice...slowly cut out the c**p,trust me it works, eat healthy and drink water and green tea,get a good amount of sleep,do ,exercise no need for extreme stuff if your not up to it,just things like running up and down your stairs, or running round your garden,dance to music in your room like you don't really give a toss (i do :L) but if you are up for it go for a jog, fat doesn't go away,you need to actually move.and your 13 right? im 15,female and kinda love my laptop <3 but one way i stay motivated is yes..tumblr,you dont even need an account i just google things like i dunno lets say... skinny girls tumblr...or thin girls tumblr...even healthy tumblr... i see pictures and yes,i used to get jealous but that made me work harder because i wanted people to be jealous of my amazing body and all that time,effort and tears all paid off, i only wish i started sooner,saying 'ill do it tomorrow' wont get you anywhere because tomorrow you will wish you had started today... i lost around a stone in around two and a half  months,im so happy and don't need to hide away anymore,im no expert but trust me i was in your position all these fancy pancy websites and 'health experts' ugh they do my head in,just get out there girlie,show yourself how amazing your body can be!!!!! much love 'Guest'