I shaved my vagina yesterday for this trip, I'm 15 and it's my first time shaving down there I don't know if I did it wrong but every time my underwear rubs against it it hurts. Did I do it wrong or is it natural for first time shavers ?

Health Guru
Hi its normal for first time as you have probably either not used a really sharp razor or shaved the area to much in the same spot and it has just left you a bit sore when your underwear rubs the area making it worse, you can try using a moisturising cream on the area and also try not wearing underwear at night and at home for a few days if you can.
Why did you feel the need to to shave just because your going away soon? :-)

I'm pretty sure it will go away as you get that area used to being shaved. Think about it, you just scraped the skin with a razor blade. Another thing that will irritate for some time is the now short hair ends getting snagged by your clothing rubbing against it. That should go away after a while too. Do you shave your legs? If you do, that probably doesn't hurt when your clothes rub on it because it's used to it and your vaginal area will get used to it too.

Years ago when I had heart bypass surgery it really hurt for a while when my T shirt rubbed on my chest. Slowly it got better. I figured it was rubbing against the scar where they sawed me up the middle and the scar was finally healing. Then they called me in for a stress test where they shaved my chest to stick on the electrodes. The rubbing pain began all over again because it was from the short hairs rubbing on the shirt.

What kind of trip are you going on that you need to shave your vagina? Sounds pretty adventurous. You didn't sign up for the TV show "Naked and Afraid" did you?

I'm going to a resort and I didn't want any hairs showing out of my bikini

I think that's a great idea.
Ewwww! That brings up a picture that was burned into my brain when I was 16. I went to my new GFs parents camp on a lake and we went swimming off the dock where they had a boat house built into it. She hopped up on the roof of the boat house facing me so that her crotch was pointed at my face with her legs open. There were inches of black curls sticking out both sides of her bathing suit.

Nooooo, you don't want to do that.

You did the right thing and I hope it gets comfortable before you have to go.

I have shaved with an electric shaver all my life. Recently the barber shop I go to took on a new barber and she advertised straight razor shaves. I have never had a barber shop shave so my wife treated me to one for my birthday. My face was sore for several days after, just like you are. So it's normal for skin that's not used to it.

No, that's pretty common.