Just a question,. do any of you shave your pubic hair and do you find peopple with shaved pubic hair better.

I just shaved mine, I think its better.

Note do not do it unless you are very careful becuase you do not want to cut yourself accidentaly.

I don't shave reguarly, but I do quite often. I like it, until it grows back, the itching feeling of the hair rubbing your underwear. But, if you want to keep it, just make it part of your shower routine. I know this probably sounds gross, but I feel cleanier when shaved during my period.
What I would like to know is, does anyone out there who are shaved, seen a gyn and I wonder what the gyn's think?

haha, im a guy, and i 'trim' with a pair of scissors. And yeah, unless you want to go insane, do NOT shave your scrotum or anywhere on your shaft or scrotum, it WILL itch like hell lol XD. Best to leave the pubes at about two to three cm or so.

i shave my pubic hair but it grows back really quickly and it makes my skin really irritated and sore which rubs on my under wear so i tried using shaving creams to see if that helped but it doesnt..any advice on what would help?

Shaved is the way to go in my opinion. I think it cleaner and a lot more fun, at least trimmed real close, guys and girls.

Yes you are right, you need to be very carefull while shaving. Try a beard trimmer with those plastic attachments.

Celebrity
I shave but mainly sides an top by belly button. The rest i keep trim cos it itches to much when its al shaved.
As soon as iv shaved i put on an antiseptis cream, making sure it dosnt go inside. I use sudacrem (baby cream) it stops you getting spots.

I shave my coinpurse and such completely. I like it. Easier to keep clean, and the ladies like it as well ;-)

But yeah, I would recommend trimming it with a mustache trimmer first, to shorten it up, then use a good quality razor (I use a Gillette Fusion) to knock it all down, and follow up with a good shaving cream and a lot of attention. Do this fairly often and enjoy.

I do inbetween the other 2 guy's responses---I use an electric hair trimmer w/ plastic attachments to bring pubic area down to 1 or 2 cm,THEN trim w/ scissors the rest, shaving the sack and base of penis w/ fusion razor..it DOES create more to do in the morning about once a week, but find it sexually stimulating myself:)

Celebrity

No way would I every think of shaving, waxing or even trimming any of my pubic hair, even trimming it a little could cause irritation, for example a hair follicle is tiny very smooth edged hair, trimming the 1000+ hairs just a little would cause those follicles to the be sharp edged, that is what causes the irritation and itchyness, So my advice is just let the hairs grow out and wash and clean them at all times.

NEVER shave your hair down there. I tried it twice and although it felt good for a few days, it eventually started to grow back. It was AGONY!! It will grow back thick and stiff, and the ends will be sharp from being cut. It won't be long enough to bend around everything and will instead jam into the rest of your privates. First it will be an annoying little nick every now and then, then it turns into an almost unbearable nonstop itch, and then, oh and then, comes the BURNING. You will literally get 'hairburn' and your skin will rub off and turn red. This is incredibly painful on any part of your body, but DOWN THERE? A trim can sometimes do good, but never so short as to cause that jabbing effect. Keep it long and soft, trust me, it's a LOT better in the long run.

Celebrity

Hi 'Guest' you have had experience of that, you called it AGONY, as I said in my previous post here that I have never even trimmed any hairy off my privates ever, I am 60+ years of age, I actually dread the day, I hope it never comes that I may have to go to hospital for some operation that I have to shave that part, of course it would be a nurse that would do that, not me. I would not even trim any, I hate the idea of even trimming any hairy off my hairy body, I do shave my face twice a day as I have a very thick growth and get a head hair cut every 8 weeks, also I have a very hairy neck which I shave once a week. I'll take your advice and not shave 'down there'. You say 'keep it long and soft' well that is what I have been doing all my life since the hair started to grow when I was 13, I think my pubic hair is now about 6 or 7 inches long and still growing, I sure will just keep it long and soft.

When I was 12, I could not wait until I had pubic hair.  It was a badge of maturity in the gym shower and guys would tease you if you didn't have it.  It grew and I just left it alone.  After a while, it would poke out of my bathing suit, and embarass me.  After I got out of the service, I started trimming it back to 1/4-1/2 inch.  I experimented with shaving but it causes too much discomfort.

After a few years I started tweezing it off my scrotum and penis, and I noticed a girl friend could not avoid running her hand over it, because it was so smooth.  In the last few years, I started removing all the hair from my navel on down, and the hair under my arms.  It feels great and is a turn on for my wife, because it emphasizes my fairly muscular legs and pects, and makes my penis look fairly large.  It isn't really large, but you sure can notice it.

It also feels better during sex, more sensitivity down there.  Tweezing is a maintenance thing, but to remove it all, crotch, rear end and underarms makes it much easier to maintain hygiene.  Eventually, the hair grows back less and less, but never really stops growing.  It just grows a little at a time, because the hair follicles regenerate on different cycles, so it takes only a few minutes every couple of days to stay ahead of it.

If you want to do your legs, chest etc., I suggest you get one of those epilators, cut the hair to about 3/8 inch with clippers or sissors, and then use it.  Stretch the skin before you go over it, and do not press down, just sweep over it.  Do NOT use one of these things on your penis or testes.

I am married, and do the hair thing for my wife, which is a dandy way to get aroused.  It usually results in sex when we are finished with the job.  I for one do not find a hairy crotch with 7 inches of hair hiding either sex's genitalia to be anything other than gross and stinky.

I am not bashful, as my wife and I are social nudists, and visit nude resorts once in a while, and enjoy the sun in our walled in back patio.  I found that I was not alone in removing all pubic hair.  Often at nude resorts you will see men and women who are bare pubically.  You also find that when people stay there a while they join in and clean up the private department themselves.

This may seem weird to some people, but I live in the desert, and like many Iraq veterans, I found that a bald or shaved crotch is a less sweaty one than a hairy one.  It also feels great in the wind.  I hope you find some value in my comments.  I submit them to show another point of view and another way to get rid of extra body hair.

Celebrity

Fully appreciate your post 'Guest', beginning with "When I was 12", men are entitled to do whatever they want with their pubic hair but I do disagree with you regarding what you say about me saying that my hairy crotch hair is 7" long and being "gross and stinky" the hair maybe 6 or 7 inches long but I can assure you that is not what you say, I clean and wash my private parts more than once a day and wear shorts or swimming trunks depending on the weather. I have never been accused of being dirty in any way. I see that you live or lived in the desert and was a Iraq war veteran, all those brave people that fought in the war there I fully agree with, perhaps living there is a bit different than living in the UK, I am not a nudest, that could make things different as well regarding "down there", however despite being hairy I still wear swimming trunks when ever the weather is warm. Regards.

My wife and I are both +50 years in age and maybe we are still "freaks" :-)    We have both been shaved for years and enjoy the play in shaving each other.    Some people ask what the doctor would say and we have both seen our doctors and none of them have said anything....they are professionals and not concerned about ones pubic hair style.   For you younger folks....yes there is still sex over 50 :-)   Do what you want with your pubic hair but listen to your partners choice.   Smooth rules

I am a male, 41 years old and I regularly shave my pubic hair. I shave it since I was 20 years old. I leave it completely bare. I like it that way, I feel better and also I look better when I am nude.