Hello. I'm very embarrassed to write this but my problem seams to be unsolvable to me and I need help.
I’m 18 year old female. Three days ago I decided to shave my genital area.
It looked kind of messy and I wonted to look fine and neat.
My boyfriend also wonted for me to do this. He has shaved her genitals years ago and he has never had any problems with it.
So I did. I shaved my genitals, my labia lips and my pubic area.
It looked really fine and I was really satisfied with a result.
But, after couple of hours, rash developed in that area. I was also very itchy. I put cream on it to stop the itch, but I think it made things worse.
Do you have any idea how to stop this?
I'm so embarrassed I don't think I would be able to go to the doctor with it. Maybe this is usual side effect of shaving but it is very unpleasant experience for me.

I understand that you are young and you probably don’t have any experience with gynecologists but avoiding going to the doctor out of embarrassment is just wrong.
You must get over it.
Shaving vagina is quite common among women and it’s getting more and more popular. So, you are not the first to develop rash doing so.
Skin on pubic area is very sensitive and every irritant cause itchy rash.
Even men, when they are shaving theirs face for the first time-rash develops with small bumps and itchiness.
I’ll try to give you couple advices on this subject. I'm shaving my vagina over than 10 years and I develop specific method that help these symptoms don’t occur.
The next time you shave-make sure you sit in warm water for at least 5-10 minutes before you shave. Always use new and good blade. You must also buy good after shave lotion or crème. It will work-believe me!
After your skin will be much less irritable and you will not have any problems related to this.

i dont think this forum was helpful at all could someone please broaden up the topic i was looking for the similar help for this problem but i have no rash i am very very smooth it just kind of itching i dont know if its from the lave thongs or the cotton ones but is there something made exspecially for this problem i would like to know about it some kind of nourishing cream? XD XD

i just started shaving, and the first time i did it it itched me very bad the whole day. my suggestion is putting an ice pack on it for about 5 min. it calms the skin and reduces redness. you may also try and itching cream, although this may increase problems depending on the cream and your skin type. good luck.

For those looking for a really good answer as to why this is happening.

1. When shaving down below for the frist time, your going to experence some irritation. It took me almost 2 years you get used to it. also you sweat under your clothing and the rubbing from your panties, dose not let the skin breath properly, thus causing a rash and irritaion.

2. if your just itchy you will get used to it. You are itchy becuase when you shave the skin always growes back thicker then it was before. eventully it will melloy out and grow back the same thickness every time and not be so irritating.

3. If you don't wear undies under your clothes, you make also experence irritation, from the harshness of the fabric.

4. cotton under wear are the best becuase they are the lightest and allow you to breath down there. Plosester or spandex can be to hot for some women. Also lace under wear can cause iritation.

I hope this has helped

if you are still having problems try using hair conditioner to shave there is more mosister and can help.

Okay here are my tips:
1-use a new blade (no more than 3 shaves for down there)
2-prep the genital area with warm & gelled up(shaving cream) water
3-shave DOWN (with the hair) not up..yes it isnt as close but it is as close as possible with out razor burn/rash etc... this can get close with a new razor and thus wont hurt wen growing in bc its not as super close as going against the grain
-shave sideways wen necessary (like in crevices)
I do this and i dont ever have rash..unless i am in a rush and use my old razor, barely any soap, and thrash away at every direction!!! I dont need cream, cotton undies or anything!! Shave down. new razor. and prep prep prep! Tender loving care all!!! Take your time!!

I would suggest invest on feminine shaving kit. It is similar to guys electric shavers but specifically design for vagina. It comes with tow types of shaver one for trimming long hair and 2nd is for fine hair. Alos advise to use powder.

ummm so my mom thinks that its weird to shave down south (i shave everything) how do i convince her that its not that big a deal
i am very awkward when talking about these things so the simpler the better

girls should juss get a brazilian wax.
you mite b embarassed & if you are
then continue with the hassle of shaving
& get itchy rashes if you wish.
but that's what you'll get for being
too embarassed to wax.
or...
you could juss wax yourself.

i get nasty ass bumps, redness, its gross. it dint used to do that when i was 13 , im 16 now and what the c**p :$

So im 16 and i have a huge problem with Pubic Hair, every time i shave i get these horrible red bumps and its painful and itchy, my hair grows back slightly the next day so i have to do it every 2 days, ive been doing it for like 2 months and every time i get this painful-itch rash! anyone have any advice?

Hi, i am a 14 year old boy who for some reason, decided to shave "down there" and i got the same exact problem red bumps, and kinda itchy, is there anything BESIDES GOING TO THE DOCTOR, i can do, i want to keep it more so private, my parents will investagate if they find out. WHAT DO I DO? :'(

:-) Ok these are my tips. After shaving take a alchole swip and pass it on your vagina it might burn a little but not a hole lot.This will prevent you from having razor bumps..use a new razor every time .If you already have razor bumps u should use a lite amount of vasline
then your problems shall be solved.It work for me amd my girlfriends it might work for you as well..

hi to all of u with this itchy rash in the genital erea this is called razor burn , to let it heal the best thing for it is hydrocortisine cream 1% use morning and evening dont shave for 2 months so that it can heal, then make sure the next time u shave u use plenty of shave cream and new blades after a soak in the bath ,, if this doesnt work perhaps your skin is to sensitive , and u need it waxed hope this helps

Im shaving downstairs but I cant seem to get that close to my lips as im worried ill cut them any suggestions above comments top advice