Hi, I'm 14 and I shaved the pubic hair above my penis, it was getting really itchy, so I decided I needed to shave it. I had watched a few videos and a they said that I shouldn't use a shaving gel or aftershave because they would burn like hell. So I used only water and shaved my groin. This is day two, and I've developed these red bumps on the shaved area, along with prickly hairs. What did I do wrong? How can I solve this?? Thank you.

Health Guru
hi, what you have got is a stubble rash, the one thing you need to always do is use a good sharp razor and either a foam or gel as that helps soften the hair and moisturise the skin and soften the hair as well as makes the razor glide over the skin better. Always shave with the hair and never against as that will more likely cause ingrowing hairs. after you shave get some baby oil and rub that in the area as it will keep it soft and smooth. :-)