My GB was removed in 05 when I had surgery for a blocked small intestine. After surgery the Dr said I had gallstones so he removed the GB and appendix while cutting out about a foot of intestine. Since I was not having problems with the GB I am not sure he did me any favors. In 06 I had colon surgery for severe bleeding from diverticuli. In the 75 half of my colon was removed because of frequent attacks of diverticulitis and half of what was left in 06.
Since I do not have much colon left and no gallbladder my stools are all liquid. The colon removes water which makes the stool solid. Sometimes I do not have control over the discharge which is very embarrassing. I have to go around 24/7 with a wad of toilet paper stuffed in my rear end. Sometimes that isn't even enough and I have to change my shorts and pants. I will not go to resturants accept invitations to friends houses for dinner will not eat anything before going into town and will not go on trips.
Have tried using metamucil to put more bulk into stool but does not help.
I'm 75 years old

I understand your embarrassment, but you shouldn't feel that way. People are so horrified to talk about one of the 50 odd things we ALL do EVERY day, such as poop, pee, swallow, blink, breathe etc. It sounds to me like you need a colonoscopy to figure out if there is anything "bad" going on down there. It is probably - like you said - from the shortness of your intestine and colon. You might need a colostomy bag, that would take away that awful panic that sets in. A colostomy bag is attached to your colon and emptied every couple of days. I even knew a 14 year old boy that had one, he eventually had surgery but it was awful for him. And I'm sure you too. But thousands upon thousands of people have Colostomy bags - due to an increase in Chrons disease. Please go to your doctor and ask to see a gastroentologist! There the only ones that can fix what is happening. I wish you lucj and health!