My father has lymphoma and kidney cancer. He is also diabeitc. He has been told he must gain weight to have surgery to remove his kidney. What can he eat to gain weight without raising his sugar levels?

my father has cancer on the back of his tongue they are putting him thru chemo and radiation. he has lost weigth and they told him to gain more weight but the only problem is that he has diabetes 2. The doctor had him drinking boost the glucose control one. it hasnt helped, hes lost weight and his blood sugar was way out of control. We are now trying 100% whey protein from gnc. it only has 1 gram of sugar, 4 grams of carbs, and 24 grams of protein. this has to be better for him. you should check it out. I wish you and your family the best of luck. and if you find any more weight gaining tips please feel free to share.

How can I gain weight I am a diabetic?

Avocados, olive oil, almond butter, cashew butter. Look for recipes and smoothies with these ingredients.

How can I gain weight I am a diabetic?

could you please give me a feedback on how did whey proteins effect on your father and was he able to gain weight.