has anyone ever used a whey protein drink to supplement a weight lifting program?

my son wants a body building supplement drink and most of them are so carb heavy, he can not afford 441 grams of carbs per serving! the whey has very few carbs.

anyone have any feedback, good or bad? i'd like him to continue lifting but get really nervous about supplements and him.

I use Designer Whey protein after every workout

When I was lifting I often double scooped after I lifted

2 Grams of Carbs per serving (one scoop)

18.5 grams of protein (per scoop)

I use Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein. 2 carbs, 22 grams of protein per scoop and reasonably priced. Taste good, all flavors.

you may want to check out www.trueprotein.com it's a GREAT site to find good quality protein. you'll probably even be able to find some non-whey protein that doesn't drown you in carbs. but on whey: the people i know who are into healthy, non-chemical (aka non-steroid, synthol, and other nasty things) bodybuilding swear by whey, i don't think there's anything to worry about it with that (unless he's lactose intolerant, that is.)

thanks for the suggestions...i am so anti-GNC, i'm glad to have some other ones to look at.

I shop at Nutrition Express Pretty good prices and a flat $4.95 shipping fee

I get EAS at BJ's.

I get EAS at BJ's.
:1: 6 lbs = $22 IIRC I used to used Nutrition Express, also.

i buy mine at walmart, very good prices and good quality product, IMO.