Hello. I'm 45 year old female and just recently I was talking with my husband about possible face lifting operation. I had never had any problems with the skin on my face but these last three or four years, the condition has got dramatically worse.
I started to notice these small wrinkles, looser skin and crow's feet all around my face but mostly around my eyes and lip angles.
Like I said, I have talked about this with my husband and he told me that if the operation will make me more satisfied with the way I look- he supports me completely. I have heard a lot of great stuff about this procedure but I would also like to find out more about recovery time and side effects. Thanks!

I have head this face lifting procedure few months back and I'm very satisfied with the effect. My GP told me that these days, this operation has become a routine and that there should be no side effects what so ever. I will tell you something about post op recovery.
The truth is that, after your facelift surgery, you will go home with gauze bandages over your incisions and you will look terrible.
This is quite normal and you shouldn’t be worried at all. Facts about post op hygiene are different. Some doctors allow a shower the first or second day after surgery, while some ask you to wait for up to 2 weeks. You must rest for at least two weeks because engaging in too much activity can cause blood or fluid accumulation, ripped stitches, infection, and even tissue death. Some stitches by your ear will be removed after 5 days and some after 10-14 days.