Hello all. I have been searching for a nutritional shake mix that I can use, for a while now. My friend uses few different shakes from time to time, and I tasted every one of them. I really can’t stand the taste of it. It’s like I’m drinking some chemical ingredients, makes me puke. I recently discovered Visalus weight loss shakes and I just love them. I tasted two different kind of this brand’s shakes and both of them were delicious. I am buying them tomorrow. Do you have any recommendations or tips for me when it comes to this product?

Hello Sam I_am. I actually have a few tips for you.

First, make sure to do your breakfast shake. That way you will boost your metabolism early in the morning. Also, do your fruit shakes only 2-3 times per week.

This one is very important - don’t ever starve yourself. If you want to lose weight, you have to eat 5-6 times a day. Eat both when you are hungry and when you are not. That will keep your metabolism working. And never skip your breakfast.  Skipping it can lower your ability to lose weight.

I hope my answer is helpful.

I just remembered a few more things I forgot to tell you. Since you are supposed to eat 5-6 times a day, you will need to include some snacks into your daily menu. For example, you can make your day look like this:

At 7am take a glass of water, 8am one shake, 10am some snack, 11am water again, 12 another shake, 2pm snack (a different kind then before), 5pm water, 6pm have a meal, 9pm snack again and 10 pm water.

Don’t even think about drinking soda or juices. Take at least 8 cups of water daily, or more if you need it.

Here are some things I didn’t know back when I was taking these shakes and I believe they would have helped me to lose weight faster.

Eat whenever you feel hungry. This is really how it works, starving will lower down your metabolism, and you won’t achieve anything with it.

Be physically active. Exercise every day, go for a run early in the morning, walk instead of driving.

Drink a lot of fluids. Since you are physically active the old adage that says eight glasses per day may not be right for you. Maybe you should take even more.

Weight yourself once a week so you can keep in track your progress.