i am 17 with size C breasts and just lately they have been itching so bad. it usually gets worse when i have a bra on or something covering them. they also itch a lot at night. when i scratch them small red bumps form on my breats and my nipples begin to hurt. i dont know what else to do besides keep them uncovered at night and lotion them. does anyone else have anything that may help the itching go away? thank you :)

Hello, I'm a 25 yr old female and have had an itchy left breast for around 2 yrs. it's itches on the side and just underneath but have never had a rash or anything. I can't seem to pinpoint anything that triggers off? Any suggestions?

Did you ever see a doctor about your symptoms? I've had an extreme and unbearable pain in my left breast for several months now...maybe 6 or 7 months and about a month and a half I began expiriencing an unberable itch on the side of my left breast that travels to the nipple. The pain is still very present. Its sharp. Some days there is more pain, other days it's pretty mild in different sections of my breast. The itch is pretty persistent. No discharge. But I was lactating for 3 years up until last year....real milk and I've never been pregnant. Tell me, did you ever check it out?

Ive gone to my gybo who didnt feel any lumps. My generl physician said it could be a fungus, but the itch is not on the bottom of my breast. Oh and sometimes the pain and the itching travels to my left armpit.

Thank you so much!  I am 16, too, and I was having the same kind of problem and flipping out that I may have cancer but it all makes sense now!  I'm an athlete and that means sweat hahaha.  Thank you SO much for putting my mind at ease!

I am 25 years old female with 38 B breast cup. I noticed my right breast have been itching me lately for more than 3 weeks now with a small amount of discharge in both breast if i squeeze it, however the discharged stopped for a while and then continues in a few day. Now the breast that is mostly itching is secreting more discharge than the other. I have no kids and have no idea what is causing it. 

YES,..., this is true. It happened to me right before I was diagnosed.

what size are your breasts

I agree its the caffeine...when I drink more water it stops when I don't it itches....

This is exactly what I found. No coffee No itching, Coffee then itching, No coffee No itching. Did this over 4 weeks to confirm. I really didn't want it to be coffee. But, it is!! darn it. I also tried it with Chai Tea - got same results.

Thank you dear you save my life
Aida

To the 16 year old, thanks for posting. Much of what you say makes sense, I am 50 years old and have have been experiencing bouts of itchiness for the last year. Both of my breasts itch like mad on the fullest part (no nipple), I end up scratching them till they turn red, and the itchiness ceases. I have wondered about a link between bras/material and the itchiness. For instance, it tends to be worst for me at the end of the day when I remove my bra, or when I wake up first thing in the morning. Both the bras and sleepwear are made from poly blend material.

I have notice less itching when I sleep in cotton fabric, and wear clothing that allow my breasts to breathe. However going without a bra all together is a challenge since I am a 34DDD. My breasts tend to get the itchiest during the winter and summer when breasts can sweat from the hot weather heat or heat from wearing layers of clothing,

For that reason the yeast infection "breast jock" is worth looking into. However, before going for the over the counter Lamisil, I would opt for a more natural approach like washing away any sweat and allowing breast to breath for awhile. Replacing old bras, getting bras with breathable material, or as suggested earlier washing bras thoroughly and drying directly in the sunlight to kill any fungal bacteria. Finally, rubbing with coconut oil over the breasts with a drop or two of tea tree oil (both anti fungal) could be helpful. Be careful with the tee tree oil though, because it is very concentrating and could cause stinging if too much is applied directly to the breasts.

My right breast has itched for bout 5 years now.. I drink lots of coffee.. Not sure if that's the problem but it drives me insane.. Went to 2 different Drs for it.. They didn't seem concerned.. I just know it's very annoying.. I have my yearly mammograms and nothing shows up..

The same for me... caffeine

Did anyone ever investigate the lactation without pregnancy? Sounds like a pituitary issue.

YES!!! I couldn't figure out why my breast would itch. Never did before- but all of a sudden they do. No caffeine=no itching. Caffeine =itchy. I took caffeine out of my diet at my doctor's recommendation because I have fibrocystic breast & it was causing cyst and now it's causing itching. Coffee & sodas are horrible for our bodies. And how do we know? Our bodies give us signs. I'm committed to eliminating it all together. Not knowing the cause of the itching was driving me insane! I hope everyone here finds their own relief.