Hey. I'm only 16, and I was looking up whatever I coudl find on my problem, but I've yet to find a good answer. I'm too embarrased to talk to my mom about the problem (We aren't very close), so I want to get advice on it instead of scaring myself and jumping to conclusions to ask medical help.

My breasts have been sore. I can see the veins through the skin (but I think it's because I'm pale, but I want to let that be out in the open). The nipples have a dark shadow around the left breast, rather than the right. I had a dry rash on the nipple, and it itches. I figured it was because of either hormones or they're developing, but I don't know about the rash.

The nipple is also very sensitive and is sore. Another thing, I see very small (the size of "o". Or, maybe half a cenimeteer in diameter), red pumps that look like pimples on the brest. Is that normal as well for someone my age?

I don't think anyone in my family has had anythign cancerous, and I ahven't told family or friends because I hate to see them worry about soemthign that could be minor. If it isn't, I want to know so I can seek professional help.

I am very grateful for any and all advice on my "problem", if possible.
Thank you very much!

More than likely it's because you are in a rapid growth stage. If you really feel that something is wrong I'm sure you could contact a planned parenthood over the phone for some general questions or call one of the cancer hotlines and talk to a cancer professional. I reallt doubt it's breast cancer.

That's very reassuring! THank you so much for the advice! I thought it might be something with my age.. xD THanks again!

Well I'm glad I be of some help to you and take some of the stress off your mind :-)

Have a good night :-)

I have red bumps on my breast and I don't think it's breast cancer. There is no cancer in my family, but if I was really worried its ok to speak to your local GP.

Not sure if you are pregnant but I am and I got this red bumps and pregnancy does bring out things and it doesn't necessary mean we have breast cancer or skin cancer.

I was worried myself but it reassuring to know that its not as hormones levels are high sometimes in us women.

I hope this reassures you more.

I just went to my local GP and showed him my breasts and he said these red marks are due to your breasts growing rapidly for the birth of your baby, all part of pregnancy!

I am 16 too and I have noticed a small dry rash that has popped on me as well. I've had it for awhile now, maybe a month or longer, and it hasn't gone away. It's actually seemed to spread. I think for me it is that my bra's are too small and I need to get a bigger size. I mentioned to my mom getting some more bras and told her I thought I needed a bigger size and she agreed and actually said I should probably move up completely (I'm a 34 B but I think I need to be in the C's; my mom is a size 36 C and we are built very similarly but I might still need a little smaller than that).

But like you this makes me nervous of breast cancer, or inflammatory breast cancer. It's extremely unlikely for someone our age to get breast cancer though. However, next time I visit the doctor I am definitly going to mention the dry rash. They will probably just prescribe some cream.

Also I have a question. For inflammatory breast cancer they said it has the feeling of touching an orange. The spots on my breast both feel like the skin is uneven there. Should I be worried that the skin feels different from the rest?? I don't know if it feels like an orange peel exactly or not, but it does have a drastic feel to it. Do you think this is just chafing from my breasts rubbing against my bra?