Maybe some help and answers from men would be better here:

There was this guy at a party and we were drinking. It turned out that we were together all night, but we didn't hook up or anything. We just talked all the time. He was drunk and so was I and i actually got some interest in him. It seemed to me that he was giving off some vibes too and then his friend told my friend that he was definitely interested in me the next day.

But today my friend decided to text him about me and the vibes...and he just said that he was drunk.

I don't know what to think because his friend told my friend about him being interested in me...and now he told her something else. My friend just met the guy on saturday so I'm not exactly sure if he would tell her that he's interested in me.

But does anyone know if his friend is just lying to my friend? Or maybe he just didn't want to tell my friend that he is interested.

Or maybe he really was just drunk?

Honestly - unfortunately, if he told your friend that he was just drunk - that is probably the case! You need to talk to him personally, though, to reassure yourself.

but the thing is, he had just met my friend...so why would he tell her?
but then my other friend who is also his friend and has known the guy for a while..told her that he IS interested in me. so i just dont know who to believe

Talk to HIM directly - and cut out the middle man. I would believe what he tells you!