Can you give me a few tips about weight lifting as part of improving cycling performance? I’ve heard that it’s extremely important to practice weight lifting if you’re a cyclist, but honestly, I can’t see any connection between these two sports activities. What do you think about it? Do you think that it’s maybe better to intensify cycling speed instead of weight lifting?

You’re wrong because weight lifting is of vital importance for any cyclist. As you know in the fall the cycling season is over and then instead of cycling, bikers move to a gym and work out throughout the winter. Besides keeping in shape, the important factor is also strengthening upper body parts which should be strong and sturdy, because cycling is not only about legs and their strength. The upper body parts are responsible for powerful pedaling. Besides, overall fitness can protect you from possible injuries in case of a fall. So, don’t hesitate but rush to the gym and start exercising. Start with heavier weights and fewer repetitions and finalize with lower weight and more repetitions.