Hello! I am a 36 year-old female and I had my third molar extracted a week ago. Two days ago I started experiencing slight pain around the extracted tooth area and a bad breath, which is really annoying. I always hated when I talked to somebody and that person had bad breath. That is the worst possible situation ever. When I think it is me now…..aghhhh.
Anyway, a friend of mine told me it could be dry socket and that it should resolve in a couple of days’ time. I was wondering if there were anything else I could do to make the healing go faster! Thanx

What you need to do is go and see your dentist and have it checked. It could be dry socket, but a dentist would probably prescribe an analgesic or something and a mouth rinse. You should definitely have it checked, so that you wouldn’t develop more severe pain or gingival inflammation. My sister was even prescribed antibiotics. She healed in a week.